Highway Treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEG View Post
    When I was a kid riding my bicycle around everywhere I found a lot of **** magazines and cigarette packs with cigarettes in them. for some odd reason. As an adult I have found a U-Haul moving dolly and a 15" crescent wrench.
    Funny about the skin mags, we used to find them often as a kid (1980's) in the empty field between our backyard and a semi busy street. I guess they got tossed out of car windows a lot back then. Some were pretty raunchy.

I've lost a few good things along the highways, have yet to get my paybacks.

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
      One of my firefighters found a rather large purple adult toy in the ditch in front of our station. He then picked it up, with gloves on, and taped it to the grill of another firefighters truck! Needless to say no one wanted to be rear ended by him on the way home the next morning.
      I was starting to think I was the only one that see’s these on the side of the road. I have a picture of one on the side of the road but don’t want to get the thread whacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        A pretty brunette that had recently left her old man needing gas money.
        Standing on side the road, out of gas, with a newborn and a two yearold.

Filled her car up with gas and gave her money for a room and a hot meal or two. Was pretty sad seeing that car loaded down with what few belongings she had and two little ones.
        Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          Pics?
          LOL! No cell phones back in those days

Comment

I used to find all kinds of things. They keep the roads cleaner now. I've found the usual screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.. Other things include a chainsaw, a full tool belt, an in the box leather Lazy Boy recliner, a really cool vintage Bell Star motorcycle helmet and a man's wallet. The wallet had about $800 in cash and a check for several thousand dollars. I looked at the guy's drivers license and took it to him. He tried to give me $200 but I refused.

Comment

I found a 20v MAX Dewalt hammer drill with 1/2 chuck and a battery laying in the middle of the road. I was in the market for a new drill so I bought the 20v drill/driver kit which came with a charger and two batteries and I've been using it for several years now.

Comment

Found a few hammers, and a 50 foot tow chain.

Comment

Coming back from a run in the ambulance and saw a metal box and money in an intersection. It was from a Mexican restaurant down the road. Took it back to them, we ate VERY well that night at the station.

Comment

rope, ratchet straps, draw studs, fishing rods, fish nets, load binders, knifes, best was an old .410/22 all metal gun. it was one that had no trigger but a flat paddle you squeezed.

Comment

70 qt yeti with ice and beer in it

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                        Not so much a find as much as an observation.

Was driving up 45 early one morning north of McKinney to help a buddy move. Barely daylight. Small pickup in front of me had a feeder in back sitting upside down with motor up. It was kinda rocking around the bed of the truck until they got up to launching speed. I saw that entire feeder fly out of the pickup and hit the highway doing about 70, right at barely daylight. You cannot imagine the sparks that thing threw off as it tumbled and rumbled down the road. I mean parts were going everywhere. It was like a comet had hit the highway. It finally veered off and flew into the ditch. I flashed my lights but the dudes didn't know they had lost their precious cargo until I caught up with them and pointed to the truck bed.

Reminded me of the old ZZ Top song...Master of Sparks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii_eZ8RW1_o
                        You reminded me of the WORST trip I ever made from SA to Corpus. Pouring rain, flooded roads, limited visibility, tire kept going flat, electrical shock at air pump. When the rain finally cleared (30 seconds later) a BBQ pit launched out of the truck in front of me! I thought I had finally found the thing that was gonna kill me on the way home. Then just add “BBQ pit” to your story and it sounds exactly like what I encountered!

Comment

Found a brand new shiny tractor supply bucket on the way to work today. Stopped to pick it up and there was a **** in it.

Comment

IH 35 pulling a big boat years ago. Got home and the Bimini top was gone. Traffic was typical. Slower and less than now days. I pay attention. No horns or anything so assume it came off in an open area. Hope so.
                            Found several quality life jackets, a nice wind anchor.
                            In parking lot before Christmas found a billfold with lot of cash and cards. Called the young man college student who had been shopping for gifts. He thought I was a joker. Was never very thankful and rude picking it up and checked the money (ok but rudely) which was all there. I did the right thing so who cares if an arse.

Comment

Found a EST Wing Sledge hammer. The smaller one. I still have it and use it often

Comment

I found a big red cooler in the middle of the road. Too bad I ran into it. They may be grizzly proof but not Toyota proof. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X