First Coyote Kill with the Sightmark Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Coyote Kill with the Sightmark Wraith

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRZ_27HJQ9g"]Wraith First Coyote Kill - YouTube[/ame]

nice shot. scope looks good and clear

Comment

nice set up.

Comment

It seems like it records well but what I do not like is how the screen goes blank at the shot. I am sure it is over exposure from the muzzle flash. Maybe if you had a better flash suppression system , do you think the shot images would be caught on cam?
        Are you shooting suppressed?

Congrats on the yote. The ranchers I know that hang them on the fence, do so as a warning to other yotes.

Comment

I think the yotes on the fence was a bounty thing back in the day. Proof of the kill so they got paid. The land owner we lease from runs cattle and asked we hang any yotes we shoot so he knows what the buzzards are coming down for and doesn't have to go looking for any dead cattle.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
            It seems like it records well but what I do not like is how the screen goes blank at the shot. I am sure it is over exposure from the muzzle flash. Maybe if you had a better flash suppression system , do you think the shot images would be caught on cam?
            Are you shooting suppressed?

Congrats on the yote. The ranchers I know that hang them on the fence, do so as a warning to other yotes.
            You bring up some good points and you are correct. The "whiteout" on the shot was the first thing that I noticed. Some of my other videos did not whiteout near as bad as this one. So, I went back and looked at those to see if I could figure out why. After some quick checks and thinking about it, this is what I think:
            1. Muzzle blast plus smoke and strong IR lighting will contribute to the whiteout.
            2. Better flash suppressor or suppressor should help. (on the list now)
            3. Moving the IR light from top of scope to side or bottom of rifle should help as well.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

nice congrats

Comment

Working...
              X