No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2009-2010 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's further discuss hunting hogs at night. Nothing is in the Lake Whitney regs that I can find (my sheet is a couple years old), except the reference to "All State hunting laws apply on Corps of Engineers managed lands". So, lets move into the TXPW book. Hogs are classified as an exotic, not a game animal/migratory game bird which have the one-half hour before sunrise/one-half hour after sunset rule. Further back in the regs under restricted methods, "non-game animals may be hunted at night with the aid of an artifical light on private property."

So, unless I've missed something, hogs are fair game at Whitney/Aquilla at night, so long as you don't use any type of light. You won't have many opportunities at night, but if you have the moon and a light colored pig you may be in luck, just leave the hog-lite at home.

Any other opinions?
    You CANNOT hunt out there at night legally. I inquired about the same thing awhile back, give one of the game wardens a call they will gladly fill you in on the rules out there.

HILL - Douglas Volcik 254-580-8317
    HILL - Mark Hammonds 254-580-8310
    BOSQUE - Mike Sibila 254-855-9307
    BOSQUE - Preston Spiller 254-580-8308
    Last edited by BillfromFtWorth; 08-16-2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Bill, not to start an arguement, but if it's a rule, show me. The way I see it, if it's not printed, it's not enforceable law, so how could it be a violation?

Comment

I couldn't find it in there either. But I'm gonna call first, it aint worth loosin my huntin license over.

Comment

Just a heads up, they say the Special Hunt Area, which has traditionally been located in H6, may be relocated this year. So you may want to check with them later to make sure the areas you hunt are open during this hunt.

Comment

I saw that too about H6 on the website yesterday. I called and spoke with a nice woman at the COE office. She didn't know where it may relocate. I figure with the lake level it may be difficult to patrol the lake area on H6, or it became more difficult to access via vehicle. My hunch, either move across to B2, or H9 for easier access, again- just my hunch.

I did ask about crossbows, no change in poilicy. Approved for upper limb disability at COE decision.

Other than crossbows, following the TXPW rules. Again, subject to change/decision.

Comment

I am still hunting the truth about hogs.

Comment

Hunting "the truth" can sometimes be more challenging,......and rewarding . (Sorry Roy, I couldn't help my self. Hope you got a since of humore .)
                At least your hunting something, unlike me

Comment

TG, sometimes the hunt itself is better than the outcome?

Comment

IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY! Oh well dear season's almost here anyways.

Comment

anybody hear anything from Griz what happened to him?

Comment

Originally posted by moon View Post
                        anybody hear anything from Griz what happened to him?

This was what he said last season.....I guess he just took off. Expected him to atleast get on and say he was leaving and where he was headed.

I retire on or about March 17. Depending on which offer I take. I could be outa here on March 17 or into the Summer. The job I want has not made an offer yet. My old boss in Florida called and asked if I'd be interested. I said Heck Yes!!! Back in Orlando, fishing Kisssimme and Okeechobee and St Johns. scuba the keys. I'd have to get a lease in Fla to hunt local though..Fla is all lottery..still go to VA to 3 weeks.

If not that the Alabama is a sure thing. got 4 offers to ponder from there.

Comment

I dont' think Grizz cared for Texas much . Or at least the way we hunt. Guess I'll have to try to be more friendly yet. Hope he drops back by some time. I sent him a PM a while back this spring.

Comment

Hey TG Sept 5 is right around the corner. I am ready I went and knocked a case of those orange birds down the other day. Now if Dove will fly as smoothly as those orange ones.

Comment

Justin, did ya try to cook and eat one yet? The orange ones ?

My Mojo doves are itch-n to get out of their boxes. Pickles is throw-n fits. And the Benelli whines a lot.

I'll powder a few black clays again Sunday with the Benelli, then scout. Keep your eyes open.

Comment

I have been scoutin a place in west. I am goin Sunday to put up the feeder and get her churnin and burnin. I will probly get my little tripod up as well.

I havent seen too many birds flyin in west. I have probly bagged 6 a night with my Patrol Car on 81 there by the High School. Its a little funny to see 5 or 6 birds lodged between a lightbar and a crown vic.

Comment

Working...
                                X