Box Blind Ladder Mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box Blind Ladder Mounting

Building a ladder for my elevated box blind this weekend. I was curious if anyone has found any brackets or a good way to fix a ladder in place when leaning it up to get in a box blind. At this point, the only way I've seen is to just use 3.5" wood screws and drill them into the platform to keep it in place.

Blind is roughly 6' elevated. My plan so far is to use treated 8' 2x4s to build the ladder and lean it against the platform so I'm not climbing straight up. Maybe put some pavers on the bottom to keep the wood from having direct contact with the ground all the time. Any advice or recommendations welcomed!

We have one that is about 10 foot tall and we use 2*6. We didn't use any brackets, just leaned it up to the platform and put several screws in it and it's been holding the past 7 years. Welding a new one for a different blind now that what oil field use to climb up on the tank batteries, but doing it all out of pipe.

Comment

Use a 2x6 for the steps and 2x8 for the sides of the steps. Then you can cut the bottom to the angle you need so the bottom will sit flat on stone or ground or something. That low (6'), it'd be almost like a set of steps up. As to attaching it, There are all kinds of right angle braces for attaching rafters, joust, and beams. I just finished another ladder out of metal on another thread. Used a piece of angle where one edge sits on top of the porch. And the other edge bolts through the sides of the porch. Either way, your gonna have an angle somewhere that you will have to deal with. And ain't nothing wrong with "overkill". Better safe than sorry.

Comment

L brackets or 1.5" angle iron, drill a hole and bolt top of ladder to angles. Done.

Comment

Working...
        X