Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woodsman08 View Post
    Really enjoying this thread. Thanks for sharing

Glad to hear it. There really wasn't much info out there when I started contemplating building one of these a couple years ago.

Comment

Going work on mounting and push-bar/frontal protection.

Comment

Blade carrier is done. Weighed 200lbs before welding....so add 2 or 3 pounds.

The 2 blades and bolts weigh a combined 28pounds.

Comment

I work on shredders and tractors for a living, and you sir are building a beast cant wait to see how it ends up with the 4 blade set up. Should be a cutting sum gun

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
            I work on shredders and tractors for a living, and you sir are building a beast cant wait to see how it ends up with the 4 blade set up. Should be a cutting sum gun

Thanks brother....I hope you're right!

I'am unable to run 4 blades, unless I trim the blades...which sounds counter productive in the long run. I will be running 2 blades...I believe they are Alamo Industrial's Boom-Axe blades. 5/8" thick, I think they are 12 pounds.

If this works out well, I will be building a new blade carrier for my 72"...do you have any recommendations for blades?...anything 5/8" or thicker?

Comment

The quick-attach plate is done.

The main plate is 5/16", the top rail and bottom "plates" are 3/8"

Comment

Built a little safety cage/protection for the driveshaft...drilled and tapped the motor mount.

Comment

The quick attach (QA) plate has been welded to the deck and I fired up the Bobcat and rolled the deck all the way back...no clearance issues. I used 3" square tubing, 3/16" wall. I wanted to keep a gap between the QA and the deck to allow for all the small debris to fall through....my Bradco does a fine job of collecting it all, even with the hinged hood.

Here you can see the makings of the push bar. I'm going to connect it to the 3/8" plate from the original boom mount. I will build uprights for the frontal protection.

Comment

Excellent write up. Please update when you have had an opportunity to try it out some.

Comment

Originally posted by Big H View Post
                      Excellent write up. Please update when you have had an opportunity to try it out some.

Thank you....hopefully this week!!

Comment

Push bar rails are secured to the Q/A plate and the deck.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Now this is an awesome build. Great job so far!

Comment

Verticals are in place...36" high

Comment

Top and middle bars are welded in place. Going to install heavy expanded metal/screen stuff....I forget the technical term.....in between each bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X