Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunting the big thicket

hi, new here.

this will be my second year bow hunting, and i just got a permet for the lance rosier unit. i have never hunted in the big thicket, which i have hunted just south of sour lake all my life. i will probley be in the north east part of the unit. i just wanter to know if any one has experence or some tips in the lance rosier unit?

thanks cwd

Great stories from the Big Thicket. I grew up hunting around Pine Ridge and Ariola Rd back in the 60's.

Comment

i grew up in pine ridge too, just never hunted the BT

Comment

My Grandpa had a hunting camp there. Baud Griffin and he were friends and hunted all over the thicket. His camp was on FM 421. He had a neighbor we called the Frenchman who lived in an old log cabin with a dog run.

Lots of great memories running with the dogs. That was some big woods back then with no boundaries.

Comment

sent you a pm, cwd

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
            sent you a pm, cwd
            i tryed to pm you back but i cant untill i get 15 post.

Comment

Well get to posting buddy. I'll shoot you another pm.
              Originally posted by cwd500 View Post
              i tryed to pm you back but i cant untill i get 15 post.

Comment

I hunted lance rosier the last three years, but I've wasnt able to kill a deer with my bow. There are lots of hogs and a few deer but i have found that the majority of deer move at night. The only reason i am not hunting there this year is because I failed to return my survey back on time. I wouldnt go in the woods without a flashlight and compass its really thick out there. I had/might have a picture of a buck that was atleast in the upper 130's 0ff hwy 770 but only got one pic of him in about two months of trying and that was at midnight.

Comment

actually the pic in my avatar(sp) is from lance rosier

Comment

Hawgs???? can you shoot hogs in BT ?????? Just curious, I was gonna try near Beaumont area this yr. Maybe......

Comment

You bet you can. I spoke to a park ranger and he told me to kill all you can. Due to their destructiveness. Remember, only buckshot, slugs, or muzzleloader weapons.
                      Originally posted by SANDBAGGER View Post
                      Hawgs???? can you shoot hogs in BT ?????? Just curious, I was gonna try near Beaumont area this yr. Maybe......

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
                        You bet you can. I spoke to a park ranger and he told me to kill all you can. Due to their destructiveness. Remember, only buckshot, slugs, or muzzleloader weapons.
                        so NO ARCHERY???? ONLY GUN??? Thats BS...........

Comment

I believe archery is legal as well, just not rifles.

br

Comment

yes archery is legal and sandbagger they have a beaumont unit but you can only get to it by boat.... scouted today at lance rosier and saw one unknown deer and the normal hog tracks.... and fourwheeler tracks which isnt allowed i think people near poach it

Comment

Working...
                            X