Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Comment

I'm amazed the hydraulic jack didn't do it. Some of those don't make full power if they aren't vertical, I wonder if that was the case.....

I've worked on all kinds of crap over the years, and pulling stuff like that is ALWAYS...and nightmare.

Comment

I was a welder by trade, and have run into that same problem. On a shredder, no less. I have a homemade threaded puller I made, and a BIG rosebud heating tip. Big is better when heating something like that, because you want the hub you are pulling to heat up quickly, before the shaft gets hot along with it. Took me about an hour after i made the puller, the owner of the shredder had been wrestling with it for a couple of days. And yes, it let go with a bang and fell completely off the shaft.. I don't do hydraulic jacks and chains any more. I crushed some bones in my left foot playing with that combination and a 50 ton jack...
        Last edited by softpoint; 06-17-2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I'm amazed the hydraulic jack didn't do it. Some of those don't make full power if they aren't vertical, I wonder if that was the case.....

I've worked on all kinds of crap over the years, and pulling stuff like that is ALWAYS...and nightmare.
          Had to be. Don't see how the method that worked generated more force than that.

Last time I worked on a shredder it involved a 24" pipe wrench, a 4' cheater pipe and both feet pushing. Also lots of cussing.

Comment

Working...
          X