Headed to Port O'Connor 6/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to Port O'Connor 6/4

We have a trip planned for this weekend to Port O'Connor. Looking to the GS for any suggestions on where to fish in that area. Not looking for hot spots just a general area. Kayak and bank fishing. Also, any restaurant recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by odogg; 06-01-2021, 07:31 AM.

Boggy Bayou, Indianola, or go across from the fishing center and find you a good shoreline to drift. Be careful in the ICW.

Comment

For fishing I would put in at Charlie's Bait Camp. It's located between Seadrift and POC and fishing Shoalwater or keep going north in the Intercoastal and fish Drum Hole.

5D Steak House or Kathy's for Restaurant options

Comment

Josies and Sharkies as far as eats go. As far as fishing goes I agree with Big Ace.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Josie's has good breakfast. Hurricane Junction is good and Marty's landing has pretty good burgers. My dad use to live right across the street from Sharkies a few years ago and we would eat there every time we would go for a visit.

Comment

I would take the kayaks over to indianola and put in there.... used to do very good there some days back when I was younger. There is a small cut about 2-300 yards straight out in front of the marina and it holds tons of trout at times when the water is moving

Comment

It's been a while but the last time I was in POC we ate at Hurricane Junction and Josie's Mexican Food.

As far as fishing went, we took the yaks, but the wind was killer. Ended up just fishing on the jetty and the inlet to Boggy Bayou (28.462722, -96.415339)

My buddy who I went with made a bunch more trips and ended up liking the fishing in Seadrift better.

I may try to convince the wife to make a trip with me this year. Only I think we'll go with the boat.

Comment

Cathy's if you like fried food and have a HUGE stomach.

Originally posted by Josh W View Post
                  I would take the kayaks over to indianola and put in there.... used to do very good there some days back when I was younger. There is a small cut about 2-300 yards straight out in front of the marina and it holds tons of trout at times when the water is moving
                  Do whatever this guy says about fishing^^

Comment

Good spot! I've caught reds, trout, and flounder there on the same trip!

And definately Cathy's if your hungry!

Comment

I really appreciate the recommendations guys! I’ll follow up with some pictures.

Comment

And be sure to take along plenty of DEET!

Comment

Hurricane Cut is a great spot to fish but right now the fresh water is bad in Indianola. Plus the big floating lizards are super plentiful in Indianola so be careful where you kayak. Honestly, inland/shallows area all dirty and full of fresh water from Indianola to POC and Seadrift. Problem is there is rain everyday for the forecast down there so I don't think it will change much. We fished Seadrift for 4 days straight and had to go across the intercoastal to find good salty water and some decent fish. Best of luck down there

Comment

I work in Port Lavaca the skeeters are horrible when the sun gets low. Been raining daily also so it may tough finding decent water

Comment

I was there last weekend, tea colored water everywhere, more rain every day with E & ESE winds this weekend. If I was fishing a Kayak, I would paddle across from fishing center & work my way into Barroom Bay. A lot of places up & down both shorelines to fish. Boat lanes between fish cabins out there can be good also.
                              5D steaks
                              Cathy's fried seafood
                              Marty's awesome homemade Pizza
                              Josies awesome breakfast
                              Hurricane Junction awesome burgers

Comment

Working...
                              X