• Show
Clear All

So they want to fuse L 3-4-5

Been hurting more on that off lately.
    Pretty sure this will not happen until I explore other options

Top 2 MRI. Last 30 days
    2017 X-ray. Got a new one today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, there’s your problem. You’ve got a bone in your *****.

Comment

You have no options. Other than live with daily pain. You have no disks left. I had the same surgery +1 level 5 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Living life on pain meds is no way to live.

And btw, the longer you "explore other options", the worse it'll get. Possibly adding another level or 2. And it won't take long for that to happen.. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Puggy625; 05-25-2021, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Man sorry to hear that man. Be awhile before you can run that tractor. That pile of metal I got from you turned out great to hold a auger for easy hookup. Would send you a pic of it but the auger is hanging in a bodarc tree in Grimes county. Lol.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there Stan.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Goat1 View Post
          Man sorry to hear that man. Be awhile before you can run that tractor. That pile of metal I got from you turned out great to hold a auger for easy hookup. Would send you a pic of it but the auger is hanging in a bodarc tree in Grimes county. Lol.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there Stan.

I got a bunch more of those frames..

Comment

Wish you the best, back pain affects everything you do every second of every day, but you know that! My middle son has had 3 back surgeries, better but has to be careful. I had back problems since the 8th grade until I had hip replacement surgery 8 years ago and no back problems since. Found out, after several misdiagnosis that my right leg was a "tad" shorter than my left due to the hip socket misalignment and that affected everything. Thank the Lord, back problems were a "side effect" from the hip and now gone for years.

Everyone is different but I know what you are going thru so God Bless and praying for your pain to end....

Comment

That don't look good Stan. Hope you find some relief. Back pain is no fun. Mine are fusing without surgery. And when a bone spur hits another, or I step off something and land flat-footed or in a hole, it's like being hit in the spine with a bat.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                Wish you the best, back pain affects everything you do every second of every day, but you know that! My middle son has had 3 back surgeries, better but has to be careful. I had back problems since the 8th grade until I had hip replacement surgery 8 years ago and no back problems since. Found out, after several misdiagnosis that my right leg was a "tad" shorter than my left due to the hip socket misalignment and that affected everything. Thank the Lord, back problems were a "side effect" from the hip and now gone for years.

Everyone is different but I know what you are going thru so God Bless and praying for your pain to end....
                I was told I think my left leg was shorter than the right or the other way around.

But do think my back disk are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post

I was told my left leg was shorter than my right leg when I was in my 20's

Comment

I had back surgery at 31 years old and I'm 32 now. May 5th marked the 1 year mark for me. After playing around with it for the better part of 15 years and the past 2 being the absolute worst pain I ever encountered it was the best decision I ever made. I havent hurt not one time since I had it. They fused L4 L5 & S1 on me. Id wished I would have gotten it done about 5 years ago to be honest. Best of luck in your decision and to you. Here is my before and after picture.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am no doctor and your back does look pretty rough but I would seek a 2nd opinion before I ever let anyone cut on me.

Once you have been cut on and "modified" there is no undoing it. Also the remaining discs will have to split the job of the removed ones.

Hope whatever you need to get some relief is done

Comment

They found 21% compression fracture on my L1 and had bulging disc on two others. One was in danger of touching a nerve according to the mri. Fusion scares the living shat outta me worse than knee replacement surgery. I’m gonna have to make a decision on both though fairly soon. Good luck brother.

Comment

If you're living in that much pain then there probably isn't much choice involved. 30 years ago back surgeries were kind of iffy. Sometimes they didn't help. I don't know anyone who had back surgery in the last 5 years that didn't get at least some relief from the pain. Your body, your choice, but if it were me I'd be getting surgery.

Comment

Stan, my wife has gone through three back surgeries. She's still healing from the 3nd and healing is supposed to take up to 18 months. I can give you a name for the 3rd surgeon, but I won't recommend the 1st two. One moved back to Brazil and the other hack is still here.

If interested, send me a PM. Good luck with your decision and your back.

Comment

Best of luck whatever you decide. Looks like the folks on here that did had good results

Comment

Working...
                              X