Joint Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joint Pain

What supplements do you take for joint pain. I've been taking turmeric for years, but I don't feel like its helping. I'm 57 and it feels like it's getting worse now. Mostly knees and ankles. Starting to feel like an old man.

Not a supplement, but Voltaren gel works great for me and you can buy it over the counter now.

Comment

Forgot to mention, I took a round of steroids the a couple of months ago and man I was a new person. The minute I got off them, bam it was back.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
        Not a supplement, but Voltaren gel works great for me and you can buy it over the counter now.
        Thanks,

Comment

Exercise works for

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s what I’m using and it’s the only thing legal I’ve found that helps. It’s very mild but do notice a slight difference. Morphine and medical gummy’s are the only thing that I’ve found that truly works.

Comment

I take turmeric and haven’t noticed that much improvement either. I’ve been getting cortisone injections twice a year for about five years now. I am currently on my second injection of a series of three gel shots. Some folks call em the “chicken shot” because they have gelled the combs of chickens and use it in the gel. After the second one yesterday I am able to kneel further down before experiencing pain in both knees. It, like other injections, are simply a bandaid for a disease that will eventually require surgery.
              Exercise helps me tremendously as well. Something to do with senovial fluid in the joints that increases with exercise.

Comment

One of the biggest causes of joint pain is dehydration. And body weight

Comment

Stop eating night shade vegetables, you’ll see a different in a month or so

Comment

Water, water, and more water. It has helped me a bunch and I'm 66.

Comment

Great info. I'm very active, well as much as my knees will allow. I'll start doubling up on the water and walk more.

Comment

The prescription strength Voltaren gel is not available OTC. After 50 forget about joint medications, they don't help. Plan on steroid injections, sinvisk injections then joint replacement.

Comment

Ok,
                          A couple questions, what is your iron level in blood test?
                          Are you overweight?

Years ago every joint in my body was in pain.
                          Tested for all types of things including RA.
                          Blood test found my Iron level was double.
                          Tested at Texas Oncology for Hemochromatosis.
                          Takes 2 specific genes to have it.
                          Supposedly I have 1 positive gene & a mild mutant gene.
                          Slowed way down on alcohol consumption, started exercising, better diet, & donating blood.
                          Has helped tremendously.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ditto! I think there is a checklist you have to complete before joint replacement. I’ve done the steroids, now on sinvisk, then joint replacement. I’m 65 now and the older I get the more resistant I get about having standard operating equipment replaced. That’s not right thinking. I’ve heard that manufacturers have made huge strides in artificial joints. Looks like I’ll be finding out fairly soon.
                            At 57 I think you have a lot of time left brother. I would echo what these men have mentioned. Water, exercise, and if that doesn’t work get the injections. I actually was able to extend the time between injections by doing what these guys suggested.

Comment

I’ve been using Carlson’s Very Finest Fish Oil - Softgels for going on 4
                              Years....... what a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X