No announcement yet.

Tipping at an all-inclusive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you're on the beach,and drinks are delivered;I tip a buck a beer..If it's being delivered in buckets,it's $5 a bucket..Same at the bars.I tip at dinner just like I would in a restaurant.I keep a bar hand pretty busy,lol.
    Best service folks in the industry,hands down..If you have a concierge assigned to your building,pick his/her brain on cool outta the places to visit..They are well connected.

Comment

Thank yall so much for all the help. We had kind of undershot our tipping budget so the insight was great.

Comment

Originally posted by rubicon51 View Post
        Thank yall so much for all the help. We had kind of undershot our tipping budget so the insight was great.
        Singles and $5s will get you through just as well if it's just you and the Mrs. We generally go with a big group, so we are a bigger pain in the ***, so we try to tip a little better.

Comment

Last time I went, I figured out which bar I was going to use most often and tipped $20 on my first drink, after that I’d usually give a couple buck per drinks or $10-$20 before I left but when I walked up to the bar I usually got put to the front of the line.

Comment

On my first trip I made the mistake of bringing $50's and $100's instead of smaller bills, most places couldnt break them so I had to find some Americas that could trade me. Bring alot of smaller bills between tips and taxi rides it will help out the first few days.

tipping great at bars really helps weather your in Mexico or at home. Plenty of times I've had bartenders make room for me at the bar, save me seats, pour another with out asking, have one ready when I walked up, had other people move, etc. A bar is a really good place to be generous
            Last edited by MAP; 06-14-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

going in Aug, but the first time we went, i found a bartender and gave him a $20 and ask to please give a new bottle of Jack when possible and would tip him and his buddys very well after, that way you see its sealed, and not filled with a cheaper one, as that is a practice they do, i am sure once drinking one could care less, both some have gotten very sick of the altered imitation stuff,
              we always tip the girl that cleaned the room, as well as the cart drivers, since they save our bacon when its way late we are unable to walk to straight....

Comment

Take a bunch of small bills!! On your first day there find a good cabana guy, tip him well from the start and he will treat you right for the rest of the week! You would be amazed at what a couple of bucks here and there can do for you.

Comment

We always start the beach day out with a good tip on the first drinks delivered BUT be sure and tell the person waiting on you (if you like them) that you will be there for (period of time) and that you will only use him/her to wait on you. A good tip and, no matter where you are at that resort if that person sees you, they will take care of you no matter the area they get assigned for the day.

The best service we have ever had anywhere! The people of Mexico know how to be hospitable. My then 16 year old son even commented...here the people WANT to serve you...in other places they do it because its a job....if a 16 year old notices, that says something.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                    If you want drinks quickly, establish a good tip early.
                    This is what I have always done....even if discouraged ensures a positive and prompt experience

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                      Last time I went, I figured out which bar I was going to use most often and tipped $20 on my first drink, after that I’d usually give a couple buck per drinks or $10-$20 before I left but when I walked up to the bar I usually got put to the front of the line.

This right here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                        This^^ If you do this every morning at your go to bar your drinks will be sitting there within moments regardless of the line. If you pay attention most especially the euros do not tip. Follow the other suggestions with dinner and you will be set. Singles and fives are critical have plenty of both.

Comment

i tip a few bucks for each drink and you get alot better drink and service. If im at a bar i will throw the guy a 5 or 10 and be set for the night.

Comment

Depends on the resort. Some don't allow it & staff will get fired if they take any.

Comment

Going to the DR in January so this is very helpful!

Comment

What does tipping get you besides better/quicker booze?

Comment

Working...
                                X