No announcement yet.

Need TBH Prayer Warriors: BIL Brain Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen and thank everyone for all the prayers! Just checked with my wife and they took JC in for prep around 7:45. They said prep should take an hour and a half, or so, then surgery would begin. If they haven't already started the surgery, it should be any minute. His spirits seemed high when I talked to him yesterday evening.

Comment

Prayers up

That looks like a glioblastoma/astrocytoma
      We used functional MRI and spectroscopy to test what areas of the brain were most used in pts like your BIL.. then based off that info the surgeon would know if he could be more/less aggressive with the craniotomy... Of course every case is different but these type of aggressive tumors esp when they get into the brainstem can be hard to completely remove without damaging remaining good tissue.

You guys are in good hands in Houston-

Comment

Well, good news/bad news. They were only able to remove 70% of the tumor. They're going to decide how to proceed when he wakes up. They thought he would have to be on a ventilator most, or all of the night, but they were already able to remove it.

Comment

Prayers up for him and his family.

Comment

Prayers for all involved

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Sounds like a fighter, praying for him

Comment

Hate to see this but God has a plan. I don't think we are supposed to understand it. Prayers up.

Comment

He's been awake and very alert for a couple hours now. He's got full mobility and is hungry. His wife says he's talking crap and bouncing his eyebrows at her (you know what it means). He's definitely got the will to live, let's just hope and pray he has enough. I can't thank everyone enough for your thoughts and prayers. We're definitely far from out of the woods, so please keep them coming.

Comment

JC is alert and giving the nurses a hard time today. He's not being difficult, just joking and cutting up. He's got one of them so confused, she doesn't know what to think.

Comment

Praying!

Comment

Good news!

Comment

Prayers continue for JC and all

Comment

I think at this point that’s as good a post op result as you could wish for. Attitude and faith are a big part of healing. Sounds like he has both. Continued prayers for the family Shane.

Comment

Prayers, Shane. Glad to hear he is feeling well and appears comfortable. Let me know if you need anything

Comment

Working...
                                X