No announcement yet.

New Bay Boat for 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for Mowdy, the C-25 is an incredible ride and will run shallower than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Used boat prices is what had me looking at a Z21 haynie yesterday. From what I see I could sell for what I paid on my rig 6 years ago!!
      Same here. Very tempting. I can sell my 2000 Triton I purchased in 2016 for double what I paid, easily. However, I would be paying the inflated prices on a newer model.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
        Very nice!. Good news, you can probably sell it for substantially more than you paid for it. Bad news, you will pay substantially more for a new one than you paid for that one. Have a friend that just did it but his hull was one of the early one's that still had some plywood in it, I think the 18's were already all composite weren't they?
        No, this one was the 1st composite transom hull. It has wood stringers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          No, this one was the 1st composite transom hull. It has wood stringers.
          Gotcha, do the new one's have composite stringers too? Maybe my friend was just talking about a composite transom on the new one he ordered, I assumed he meant all composite.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
            Them jh outlaws are sick boats
            Yup, I miss mine. I had a 21' with a 175 sho

Comment

Shallow sport X3 best all around boat out there. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Jkennedy26 View Post
                Shallow sport X3 best all around boat out there. IMO
                Also above budget.

Spoke a buddy today with 25 outlaw. Seems there was a brain fart and his boat slid 3/4 way off the trailer while backing down the ramp.

During inspection of the boat a bad stringer and some cracks in the hull not related to accident where located. JH split the boat and fixed everything under warranty. Even put a new console in

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
                  Really trying my best to narrow down my boat search.
                  - Features: Run shallow, get up shallow, fast, smooth in chop and dry ride

Below are some of the boats that I'm considering:

- Haynie 23 Cat
                  - Haynie 23 Super Cat
                  - Haynie 24 Cat
                  - Shoalwater 23 Cat
                  - Majek M2 Illusion
                  - Majek Reaper
                  - El Pescador 24 Cat
                  - JH Outlaw 250X
                  Run and get up shallow is subjective given the bay systems you run in but of all of the boats you listed none will get up or go as shallow as the Reaper with the exception of the Illusion. But the Illusion will not take the chop as well as the Reaper. But if shallow is thigh deep water, then you are probably better off going with something heavy like a Haynie that will take the chop a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                    Gotcha, do the new one's have composite stringers too? Maybe my friend was just talking about a composite transom on the new one he ordered, I assumed he meant all composite.
                    I am not sure, have not talked to Robbie in a while, heard they sold Mowdy to someone else, no confirmation of that though.
                    Frank Crapitto is who bought it from Hal Mowdy.

Comment

OK, I called to get some facts, they did not sell Mowdy, Robbie said they are 100% composite & 300 lbs lighter now. They are receiving enough 300 Suzukies to finish out 1 boat per week.
                      A boat ordered today would be ready by the fall.

Comment

Looked into repowering my ranger bay earlier this year, Yamaha 250 four stroke, late 4th quarter early 1st quarter 22, before I could get one.

Comment

Working...
                        X