No announcement yet.

Switch from a pickup to SUV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sold the truck I bought from you back in 2019 and bought a suburban. I miss the truck at times but it was nice driving the suburban to New Mexico on my elk hunt last year. Much more comfortable ride then the truck and my stuff wasn't covered in dust! I just bought a big receiver hitch basket for $200 and can haul anything I need to on that. I have 3 little kids so I needed more space and haven't regretted it. Once the kids are grown a little more, I could see myself getting another truck. My boss just got a 2021 Z71 Suburban and it is out of this world nice. Once the price comes down I would be very happy buying a used one.

Comment

I have a 2015 F150 that I use when I need a truck.

I LOVE suburbans. I have owned two so far, one that I bought and sold on here.

My 2001 Suburban Z71 I picked up with 180k miles last October for $3600. LS engines need no introduction, one of the best engine families to leave Detroit. The LM7 in my 'Burb is the darling of hotrodders due to availability, reliablility and ease of modification. If you need a SUV for hauling grandkids I would highly recommend a clean older used 'Burb. I wouldn't think twice about jumping in the Burb and heading to Texas, or anywhere, despite the fact it is 20 years old. Almost all 20 year old vehicles running around with original seals will leak oil, and ours is no exception. but considering how much money you are saving buy buying used with cash I can deal with a few drops of oil. If I put another 100k miles on the burb I could still get what I paid for it out of it. There is a floor for clean, fully functional 4x4's, that adds to the enjoyment, knowing you aren't feeding a depreciating liability.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
        I sold the truck I bought from you back in 2019 and bought a suburban. I miss the truck at times but it was nice driving the suburban to New Mexico on my elk hunt last year. Much more comfortable ride then the truck and my stuff wasn't covered in dust! I just bought a big receiver hitch basket for $200 and can haul anything I need to on that. I have 3 little kids so I needed more space and haven't regretted it. Once the kids are grown a little more, I could see myself getting another truck. My boss just got a 2021 Z71 Suburban and it is out of this world nice. Once the price comes down I would be very happy buying a used one.
        Posted while i was typing my glowing endorsement of Burbs. Lol.

Here is our clean old burb.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

I did in 2011, and then had to buy a pickup in 2012. I kept that truck until its untimely death (and almost mine too) in 2019.
          By then, I really hadn't needed a truck for a good while, and I was driving back and forth between central Arkansas and central Texas about every 7 days and that Tundra was burning some gas, usually only hauling me and my luggage.
          Now I am about the same as you, only maybe pulling a small fishing boat.
          I bought a RAV4. I put the factory 2" receiver hitch on it, although it is only rated for 1500 lbs. I got a cargo carrier for the hitch with a bike attachment.
          With the seats folded down it is almost like a small pickup with a camper shell. You can lock stuff in it and it holds a lot. I also put the rubber mats in the floor and back.
          PLUS, on my trips ite gets around 40 mpg.

Comment

Short answer: Don't Do It

Comment

You can fit a bunch of grand kids in the bed of a truck!

Comment

I went from a SCrew 5.5’ bed to a double cab 6.5 bed and will never go back to the shorter bed. To hell with passenger comfort that extra foot of bed is useful!

Comment

I love my wife's 4Runner, but I don't ride in the back seat, and it doesn't have 3rd row. There's just 3 of us.

I've always wanted a 3/4ton suburban, and build my own matching 10' trailer for it, but I suppose those days are gone. My mom had a 3/4 ton 4wd Suburban with a 454 in it, and it was AWESOME!

Comment

I went from a 4x4 Suburban back to a Duramax a couple of years ago. Both have their advantages but I plan on keeping this truck until the wheels fall off. It’s nice not having to pull a trailer to move tall items or dirty, bloody stuff.

Crew cab has plenty of room for family and I have a fold up bed cover that I put on for road trips to keep gear dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m ready to go from SUV to pickup again. Anyone have a interesting trade let me know. 2018 GMC Yukon Denali 4x4 White 44k miles. Also have a 2011 beige/dark tan Tahoe 4x4 Texas edition, 167k miles that has served me well .

Comment

most of the stuff i put in the back of my truck would also go in a suburban, have a hitch hauler and trailer option and would not be a problem. I just prefer driving a truck. . I think either would work fine, unless pulling heavy trailers. Just depends on personal preference

Comment

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
                          I’m ready to go from SUV to pickup again. Anyone have a interesting trade let me know. 2018 GMC Yukon Denali 4x4 White 44k miles. Also have a 2011 beige/dark tan Tahoe 4x4 Texas edition, 167k miles that has served me well .

I’d swap you for the Yukon but I’m betting yours is worth a tad more than mine.

Comment

I have my truck, but got an Expedition Max for my squad of kiddos. We take road trips with all the sports and out of town Family. It has been greatness. Loading up all the junk, and still having room for the kids not to be on top of each other. My 3rd row gets used all the time, and the Tahoe/Yukon/Expedition was not comfortable at all for my kiddos.

I was always the guy to call to come pick this up or help move this. Most folks think I got rid of the truck when I got the SUV, so I dont have to deal with all that anymore, lol.

Comment

Yes sir, made the jump into a Lifted Tahoe years ago. I don't see ever owning a truck again. So much easier keeping all my stuff dry and locked inside of a vehicle and having the 3rd row.

Owned a 2016 4runner that i did really like. Honestly planned on keeping it forever just from reliability and capability. But it was crowded with 3 kids, and they are 6-4-1 right now.

Went back to a GM a few months ago. Built up Yukon Denali, and will say I do not miss the 4runner one bit. 6.2 Blows it away, ride is 1000x better, and 2nd row captain and 3rd row seating makes everybody's life easier! Have a roof rack and a hitch basket if I ever need it.

Have never once said I wish I had a truck since switching.

Comment

It’s something I’ve thought about recently, I don’t use my bed for many things I couldn’t use an SUV back hatch for. I don’t hunt as often as I’d like but when I do we usually take someone else’s truck, I do a lot of shooting and always find myself feeling like I could use the extra space of an SUV so I can leave more stuff in it and not have to cart it in and out of the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X