Spypoint microlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spypoint microlink

I have had one for almost a year and it has worked fine. About a month ago I changed the batteries and it stopped transmitting photos. I updated the firmware as recommended and still nothing. The camera acts like it is taking photos but no text. Those of you that have them, any recommendations?
    Their customer service is beyond terrible.

I was on the online chat yesterday to force my payment through and the person told me I needed to update the firmware to avoid it having problems. I have an external battery with a solar panel connected. It said 100% when I got the bill paid, then a few hours later sent me a message that the battery was low. 0%. Something either caused it to unplug or the chat person knew something I didn't know was about to happen.

Comment

I have one that wouldn't transmit photos so I changed the SD card and now it works fine.

Comment

I had 5, so far 3 of them have died. They were working fine, I noticed that the battery were getting low through the app. Before I got back up to the lease, the batteries died. When I installed the new batteries, all 3 of them failed to connect, transmit, or take a picture. I'm just waiting on the other to fail. These are the cameras, not the link

Comment

Get what you pay for. Don't forget that.

Why I have said numerous times on here, I wouldn't run one if you GAVE it to me

Comment

you might do a full re-format of your SD card. (Not a quick format)
            This was a problem I experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
              I had 5, so far 3 of them have died. They were working fine, I noticed that the battery were getting low through the app. Before I got back up to the lease, the batteries died. When I installed the new batteries, all 3 of them failed to connect, transmit, or take a picture. I'm just waiting on the other to fail. These are the cameras, not the link
              I have 10 spartans and no issues. Some of them are 3-4 years old.

Can't beat them.

I ran 2 spypoints and their CS is awful. I sold them and haven't looked back
              Last edited by gingib; 12-08-2020, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I have to give credit where it is due. After going on line to complain because none of the videos helped solve my issues, Spypoint actually sent me a brand new camera with a prepaid return label to send back the one I had. Not what I was expecting but glad they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post
                  I have to give credit where it is due. After going on line to complain because none of the videos helped solve my issues, Spypoint actually sent me a brand new camera with a prepaid return label to send back the one I had. Not what I was expecting but glad they did.
                  Took them over a month of email exchanges but they finally did the same for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X