No announcement yet.

Bubba Blade Electric Fillet Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used the Mikita and the Bubba on catfish. They are both awesome rib cutting machines. I found they are heavy, the weight wears my hand and arm out. I prefer my big long serrated knife for the fillet and regular electric fillet knife for taking the skin off.

Comment

I just ordered the 110v one today so we will see.

I have 2 american angler knives, a white one and blue one. I bought the white one probably 10 years ago. It is awesome. I bought the blue one to have another so 2 of us could be cleaning fish at the same time. The blue one is a complete ****. The blades are terrible.

Comment

My brother bought the lithium one and it is pretty handy on redfish. I still prefer a regular Bubba for cleaning trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          My new one does that! I beat it on the table and its fine. All my crappie guide buddies loved the Bubba electric knife for the first couple months then they all ended up stripped out! Probably be good for folks that clean fish occasionally though.
          I put grease on the trigger seems to help

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I have heard mixed reviews on the cordless bubba blade but I have used one and man it is nice not dealing with that cord. No more fish than I keep(or catch) it would probably still last me a long time!

Comment

Ordered one of the 110v and is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Comment

I got one for my father in law...he loves it! I'm planning on getting one for myself now.

Comment

That saws all looks like more my speed. I clean a lot of reds, drum, snapper. I always just use Dexters but this may be in my future

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    That saws all looks like more my speed. I clean a lot of reds, drum, snapper. I always just use Dexters but this may be in my future

I use a Dexter for trout or regular fish, but for them heavy boned fish it don’t play. You can get a 12” blade for it so you can fillet snapper in one pass, don’t have to worry about the battery, and then if you ever need a sawzall in a pinch you got one. Lol

Comment

I have two of the Bubba Blade electric fillet knives on the boat and we love them. Get the rechargeable ones and no need for an outlet. You can fillet a lot of fish on one charge.

Can't say enough good things about them.

Comment

I have the lithium one and to be honest, I am not impressed. I guess I am used to the electric ones because the cordless is SLOW... The handle is huge as well.

Comment

^^do you have baby hands? ��

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                            ^^do you have baby hands? ��
                            LOL. No not really. I am 6 foot 3, 275 pounds and I wouldn't call my hands small...

Comment

Lol! Be a little odd if they were!!

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                                Lol! Be a little odd if they were!!
                                HAHA I agree. My Buddy's who have used it were the first to notice the huge handle. It does have a great nonslip grip even when your hands get wet and slimy. My Dad gave it to me for my B-day so it is gonna stay in the boat, but it just doesn't reciprocate as fast as an electric IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X