Duck That's Edible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck That's Edible!

The average Joe usually thinks duck is nasty. However, if prepared and cooked right it can be fantastic. I start out by letting deboned breast soak in warm salt water for about 30 minutes. Repeat this process again then wash well and pat dry. Season with fresh cracked black pepper and uncle chris' steak seasoning. Sear in cast iron skillet on high for about 1 minute on each side. Serve over brown rice and vegtables and I think you'll be surprised. The key to duck is DON'T over cook it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks good

Comment

Ahhh yes, the old, "You haven't had it cooked right".

I like duck in various ways to cook it. It does however have a different flavor from what most people consider normal food. I suspect that for those folks that don't like it, the only way they will eat it is if you disguise it enough that the real duck flavor will not come through. Maybe something no one has ever heard of like slicing it thin and putting on a piece of jalapeno pepper, some cheese and then wrapping it in bacon.

To me, the seared duck looks great. I think that I will go thaw some from my freezer......

Not real sure about the brown rice though.

Comment

The last time I had duck, my wife gave me a nasty look, and since I ain't had no more duck, I dont get no more nasty looks. I must admit however, that does look good !

Comment

Looks great

And cooked perfectly!

Comment

Looks great... rare duck is the only way to go!!

Comment

I like duck as much as I like deer meat. You cooked it perfectly.

Comment

Yumm

Comment

My dads recipe is season duck to taste bake, add one bottle of red wine and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove duck throw in trash drink wine.

Comment

Man I need a cast iron skillet...I got 6 teal in the freezer and this recipe is begging for a couple of them.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Duck That's Edible!

Great topic!! I started duck hunting this year and have really enjoyed myself. I even involved my two sons in the game. It's gonna be a long year waiting for the next season..

Most people i've talked to either do the bacon wrapped with cream cheese deal or even duck sausage.. I have yet to ample any of these. I've had curry duck at a Thai restaurant this week but no home cooked !!

I have a few Vietnamese friends that have expanded on Duck recipes!! I'll be trying a few over the next few weeks and will post a few pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          Man I need a cast iron skillet...I got 6 teal in the freezer and this recipe is begging for a couple of them.
                          John, bring those teal over and I'll throw in some redhead. We'll figure out a good dish or just put bbq sauce on a hay bail and eat that instead

Comment

I'll pass on what a chef buddy taught me. Try if you want. Breast the duck but make sure and leave the skin and fat on the breast. Soak in Mango juice for 2 hours. Coat in olive oil. Season with cracked pepper and sea salt. Heat your cast iron to 600. Sear on each side for 90 seconds or so. It's fantastic. A simple dip for it is 3 Tablespoons of sour cream. 1 teaspoon horseradish and some salt and pepper. Mix and chill I love duck Just don't over cook. The citric marinade tenderizes and sweetens.

Comment

I just don't know about raw duck.

Comment

Working...
                              X