Scam alert, Scam alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scam alert, Scam alert

TBH headsup. My parents received a phone call this morning that our son Jordan was in a car wreck, he had been drinking and needed money for bail. The call came from Georgia, Jordan does not live in Ga.

Be cautious with your tech.

Not sure how they have gotten this info.

By the way, Jordan is fine, no wreck, no drunk driving. If he does, his least worry will be bail when I catch up to him.

Sorry SOB's.

Comment

They’re getting crafty these days. Amazes me the length they will go to to trick people out of personal information. Sad thing is not much gets done with these kind of folks

Comment

My grandparents had this exact call last year about my younger brother.

Comment

In the phone business that’s the “grandparent scam”. They know just enough details to try and play off of the grandparents love for family. Been around for a long time at least my 20 years with a phone company. Crooks suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They tried to pull something like that on my wife with our son.
            She didn't fall for it though.
            He was in his bedroom at the time!!

Comment

They get people with family in Mexico like this all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                They get people with family in Mexico like this all the time.

Yep

Comment

They pulled that crap on my mom. She fell for it and would have sent the money western union had I not gotten involved. They had lots od info to work with in her case.

Comment

They tried to pull that on my dad several years ago, luckily he called me to ask what he should do. He thought my son had been in a wreck. The sad thing was, we told the story at our small church of about 30 people and in our small church, there were two families whose elderly parents had sent the money. Make me very sad!!!

Comment

My grandmother in Jacksonville Fl. Has gotten this twice

I’m not a keyboard ninja or tough guy but if I came in contact with any of these people scamming elderly or meth head )$&% hooks who’s kids test positive for meth, I don’t think I have the restraint in me not to stomp their skull flat

I ask telemarketer spammers “does their mom know what they do?”.. they always hang up immediately. They know they are scum too

Comment

They got my wife's grandpa the same way.

Comment

They tried getting my grandma with the same scam. She didn’t fall for it, she said she told em “well I guess he’s SOL” grandma don’t mess around!

Comment

My dad got a call a while back. They started with "grandpa, I'm in trouble and you can't tell mom and dad" Guess my dad used my son's name and they take off from there with their story. Thankfully my dad called me to tell me that my son was in Florida and in trouble instead of just sending the money. I assured him that I watched my son leave for school, that he was in fact in Texas and would have him call him once he was out of class.

Comment

Same scam was tried on my father-in-law. Luckily, as far as we know anyway, he didn’t send them anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X