X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive never seen so much BS over one wounded buck. Good grief

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
      Didn’t claim they had to be. Just answered the questions that were asked. Had he shot another buck and then the property owner called and said he found the first one what do you think the game warden would have done? I wouldn’t want to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thats a dumb question that I’ve already answered. Go back and read and then come back and let the people know what your ruling is.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
        Thats a dumb question that I’ve already answered. Go back and read and then come back and let the people know what your ruling is.

Dude take it down a few notches. You’re not a victim here. Stop acting like one. I’m not mad at you and I hope like heck you get the deer.

Comment

Comment

Dude take it down a few notches. You’re not a victim here. Stop acting like one. I’m not mad at you and I hope like heck you get the deer.

I think everyone is telling you to take it down a few notches Tex.

Are you dodging or still researching. You’re one of the primary antagonists in this whole deal and would appreciate if you would close the loop on your interrogation.

Comment

I think everyone is telling you to take it down a few notches Tex.

Are you dodging or still researching. You’re one of the primary antagonists in this whole deal and would appreciate if you would close the loop on your interrogation.

Dodging or researching what? And if you consider my opinions interrogation that’s on you not me. Hope you get the deer.

Comment

Dang, you guys are brutal. This is public land archery hunting. It sounds like he made every effort to recover the deer with no luck. His judgement on the arrow is that it didn't appear to be a fatal shot. Who are we to disagree with his judgement?

Any one of us on this site is probably more ethical than the average joe hunter - so why are we arguing with ourselves?

Comment

im in

Comment

Does this help
                    Didn’t claim they had to be. Just answered the questions that were asked. Had he shot another buck and then the property owner called and said he found the first one what do you think the game warden would have done? I wouldn’t want to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                      Ive never seen so much BS over one wounded buck. Good grief
                      Then you've obviously never been on a trophy managed lease.
                      Here you wound one that tag is burnt.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Gary
                        Not a trophy lease where he is bound by lease contracts. This is a three day public land draw hunt. He is only bound by the rules of the specific hunt and the laws of the state. A lease that requires a tag to be burned us questionable. I can see a rule that no other buck can be shot but burn a tag? Do you require them to fill out the log on their lic? If a tag is removed this must be done. The tag is for the carcass. There is no legal reason to burn a tag with no carcass recovered.

Woodsnan did nothing in violation of those rules.
                        Last edited by GarGuy; 12-09-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

All drama aside- I for one had an amazing time on my first hunt at Hagerman and met some really fantastic people while I was there. I hunted one location Friday and Saturday morning, then moved Saturday afternoon to a new set up, both deep in Big Mineral. The theme for my hunt was that I was about 100-150 yard away from where I needed to be every hunt... I had to be back in San Antonio last night so I agreed to only hunt until mid morning Sunday. Sunday morning I had deer crossing consistently about 125 yard in front of my stand. At 9:30 I got down and went to sit at that spot and had 9 deer come through between 9:45 and 10:30, including 2 mature bucks chasing hot on does. All got to within at least 50 yards (some closer), but didn't present a shot opportunity. Too little too late I guess, but I was happy to finally be on deer as I had only seen 6 deer prior to Sunday morning.

My personal lessons learned (you veterans already know this):
                          -travel light, I was shedding gear every night and wished I had lighter ladder/climbing sticks so I could move quick if needed.
                          -take more time to scout in multiple areas. Spots that had high activity 2-3 weeks ago, were dead this week.
                          - If you are going deep in, get an Ebike! Those things are worth every penny on this hunt.
                          - Take some time to exchange numbers and make friends with fellow hunters in your area. It always makes the hunt a lot more fun and its good to know the people around you if you decide to move or can help each other out. We are all out here to enjoy nature and get on good deer.

I hope to have another chance to hunt Hagerman in years to come...I've heard what it "used to be", but it is still a pretty amazing place!

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                            So are you going to keep it if he finds it? What if you also shoot another buck?
                            Okay last post on this issue, this is getting ridiculous. Obviously I can only tag one deer. I made every effort to recover him, I would think that’s pretty clear by now, but maybe I assume too much from some here. Feds, state, landowner—all involved. I spent nearly 5 hours on my hands and knees looking for blood. I now have further evidence that the deer is fine.

In the unlikely event that I 1) kill a buck today, and then 2) landowner finds previous buck (not going to happen now), what do YOU think the legal & moral thing to do is? It’s pretty clear to me.

I hope this response pleases the court. I think this issue is closed. If anyone has further hypothetical questions about whether I’m going to follow the law, please feel free to PM me I guess.

Anybody seeing anything any movement?
                            Tex I followed the law to recover the deer, and IMO, did more, and I tried to get a dog on the place. That allows me to continue hunting. Gave up my evening hunt of course, on a 3 day hunt. I cannot and would not tag a second deer deer. And GW would high five me on killing a deer the next day. The landowner told me, “Go shoot another one tomorrow man! I hope you get a biggun!” Now he’s not the one that authorized me to resume hunting for a buck, but that speaks volumes about his attitude as a fellow hunter, and his understanding that animals die everyday be it natural or hunter-induced and that this is just part of hunting. I think we could all looosen up and support one another better, like this landowner did, who also told me he knows which buck I shot since he has pics. (Note: I didn’t ask to see them as he’s an older gentleman and he left his phone at the house. I was just grateful he helped me look)

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                              All drama aside- I for one had an amazing time on my first hunt at Hagerman and met some really fantastic people while I was there. I hunted one location Friday and Saturday morning, then moved Saturday afternoon to a new set up, both deep in Big Mineral. The theme for my hunt was that I was about 100-150 yard away from where I needed to be every hunt... I had to be back in San Antonio last night so I agreed to only hunt until mid morning Sunday. Sunday morning I had deer crossing consistently about 125 yard in front of my stand. At 9:30 I got down and went to sit at that spot and had 9 deer come through between 9:45 and 10:30, including 2 mature bucks chasing hot on does. All got to within at least 50 yards (some closer), but didn't present a shot opportunity. Too little too late I guess, but I was happy to finally be on deer as I had only seen 6 deer prior to Sunday morning.

My personal lessons learned (you veterans already know this):
                              -travel light, I was shedding gear every night and wished I had lighter ladder/climbing sticks so I could move quick if needed.
                              -take more time to scout in multiple areas. Spots that had high activity 2-3 weeks ago, were dead this week.
                              - If you are going deep in, get an Ebike! Those things are worth every penny on this hunt.
                              - Take some time to exchange numbers and make friends with fellow hunters in your area. It always makes the hunt a lot more fun and its good to know the people around you if you decide to move or can help each other out. We are all out here to enjoy nature and get on good deer.

I hope to have another chance to hunt Hagerman in years to come...I've heard what it "used to be", but it is still a pretty amazing place!
                              Unless they changed the rules, can't use a motorised bike. Just fyi.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Gary
                                Been on plenty bud and i would agree IF IT WAS ON A LEASE WHERE RULES STATED IT. We had one of our members have to burn a tag on a non recovered buck to start the season so your Assumptions are just that.

this is public land and he is breaking no rules as GG stated.

Comment

Working...
                                X