Help me plan for next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me plan for next year

Help me plan for next year. Inside the yellow line is what I’m working with (40 acres). The blue lines are creeks that hole water all year. The gray is the roads. We own all the property to the east and south but other family members hunt it. Where would y’all set up bow stands ?
    Attached Files

I'd have one stand on that creek at the top. It looks like it's open on around that creek bed with a line of trees. I'd think they'd travel that line of trees searching for girls.

Comment

Also looks like a good pinch in the center right where it opens up to the big pond. Probably a good spot as well

Comment

The green dot is where my stand is now. Lots of activity up there. But lots more land to cover as well

Comment

Anyone else

Comment

I would put one along the creek straight down from where your stand is now where the 2 creeks connect into 1

Comment

Originally posted by Grady_jones View Post
              I would put one along the creek straight down from where your stand is now where the 2 creeks connect into 1
              x2

Comment

I’m surprised nobody has asked about prevailing wind directions. It doesn’t matter where deer are moving if you can’t access your stands without blowing deer out. Forty acres makes it that much worse. I have 80 acres here at home and if you want to see deer you’d better be stealthy and never, ever discount the wind direction, even getting into or out of your stand. Even when I had a much bigger place I mostly hunted the outside edges of it, that way I could manage my scent to my advantage. Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  I’m surprised nobody has asked about prevailing wind directions. It doesn’t matter where deer are moving if you can’t access your stands without blowing deer out. Forty acres makes it that much worse. I have 80 acres here at home and if you want to see deer you’d better be stealthy and never, ever discount the wind direction, even getting into or out of your stand. Even when I had a much bigger place I mostly hunted the outside edges of it, that way I could manage my scent to my advantage. Good luck !
                  North is strait up,

Comment

How wide & how long is the property? Are you going to put up feeder pen(s), or just hunting stands? Tripods or box blind(s)?
                    Last edited by mikemorvan; 12-03-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I’d be willing to do an on site evaluation for a small fee. . . [emoji16]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        How wide & how long is the property? Are you going to put up feeder pen(s), or just hunting stands? Tripods or box blind(s)?
                        The whole place is just under 400 acres. It goes a lot further south but mainly open grazing fields. and 5 stock tanks.

Will be putting out corn and protein feeders as well

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          I’d be willing to do an on site evaluation for a small fee. . . [emoji16]

Sierracharlie out…
                          We may be able to work something out, we got some good bass and crappie too.

Comment

About 40 yards from the fence

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              We may be able to work something out, we got some good bass and crappie too.

You saying the right stuff now partna. I texted you the other day and got no response maybe it was the wrong person haha

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X