Trash or Treasure?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
    Never understood the UTV folks. Give me a Taco and life is good......
    Even an older Jeep without a top would be plenty useful during good weather. One without a lift kit

Comment

I think for a lot of folks it comes down to weight / maneuverability. I’d love run a Tacoma or samurai but the above are my limiting factors.

As to the OP I’ve got a buddy that I believe has that SXS and it has already been in the shop. I’ll ask him what happened but he wasn’t happy as he just got it. Could be a fluke though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Taco won't handle the rugged terrain where I hunt. I would think for casual use that UTV would probably be good. Bass Pro has some now that look pretty darn good for the price.

Comment

I bought a taco new in 2004 and just passed it on to my grandson. Even though a taco has its place I prefer the sxs to get around in tight woods. Each have their application to hunting imo.

Comment

Tractor Supply has that Coleman 550 on Black Friday for $1500 off. I think it will be $6999.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
              Taco won't handle the rugged terrain where I hunt. I would think for casual use that UTV would probably be good. Bass Pro has some now that look pretty darn good for the price.
              They just walk everywhere before utv's

Comment

Unless you're going to haul the truck on a pretty serious trailer to your hunting spot (you might have the trailer to do it) you're going to have to insure it. Judging by my annual insurance premiums these days (even for liability on work vehicles) that's going to cost you quite a few bucks. Dollars that a UTV will save you. Plus, for most hunting uses I think the utv wins

One other thought, I really don't understand buying new anything used sporadically for recreation. I use my utvs in my business, a LOT, and I still wouldn't buy new. (I would NEVER finance).... Boats, UTVs, planes, RV,'s, etc are dollar gobblers and a maintenance pain in the arse at times, especially if they sit for extended periods of time.(I.e. expensive/wasted money)

However, I realize my thoughts will differ greatly from others.....
                Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-24-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Coleman atv/utv's are Chinese made. They are manufactured/assembled in China by a company called Hisun

Comment

I just bought a 2018 mule 4010 for 8k and have been pleased. its much quieter that a Polaris but a little rougher riding. the mule can turn on a dime.

Comment

I would vote for a mule too our 4010 is awesome I love the steel bed and flooring it’s a work horse and never gets stuck

Comment

Coleman, massimo, benchi are all made by Hi sun. They had a contract for some of the old yamaha Rhino parts and somehow managed to duplicate and sell the rhino. I have a Massima 5oo knight. In 4 years time I have had the solenoid in the fuse box go out once. 150.00 part replaced myself. No other problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                          Coleman, massimo, benchi are all made by Hi sun. They had a contract for some of the old yamaha Rhino parts and somehow managed to duplicate and sell the rhino. I have a Massima 5oo knight. In 4 years time I have had the solenoid in the fuse box go out once. 150.00 part replaced myself. No other problems.
                          Ouch! Must have bought that part from a dealer. A solenoid shouldn't cost that much. I bought a wiring harness for a Yamaha Grizzly? for about $160. The dealer wanted $600.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            Same here, it is horribly miserable riding in a utv the 19 miles from camp to the farthest blind in freezings weather or rainy weather
                            Or the dust in summer
                            This, plus the fact they are so freaking loud you can hear them coming from 19 miles away.

Comment

They are probably as reliable as a Poolaris....

Comment

Guy asked for opinions on a Coleman UTV and half the thread is debating Tacomas. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X