Connected on a badger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
    To the OP, what part of Texas did you shoot your badger?

Duval county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
      Congrats! I have seen a couple, but never been able to get one killed. Always wanted one mounted.

Same story here. They are quick. I just got lucky tonight.

Comment

Nice, I would like to have a full body mount of one.

Comment

Nice Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
            Nice, I would like to have a full body mount of one.

Yep, she’ll be added to the critter room. Lol

Comment

Congrats

Comment

One of the only animals I haven’t seen live in Texas still. Besides a squatch

Comment

Nice badger.
                  We've got some big ones up here and ranchers love folks to shoot them, they are fur bearers though.
                  Strangely they prime up very late, maybe because they spend so much time underground.
                  You young ones are very "cute" but will chew your face off if they can, they have a big animal growl .

It'll make a neat mount, congrats!

Comment

Super cool! One of my bucket list critters as well.

Comment

That's a pretty one. Up here we have a bunch of them but I've never taken one to the taxidermist for some reason. They're pretty cool lookin.

Comment

You know I just realized something different about your badger. I've shot over 100 badgers and to the best of my memory I can't say I've ever shot one with a white stripe from the middle of its head all the way to its tail like that one has. Normally it stops right between their shoulder blades.

I could be wrong but I really don't remember ever seeing one like that. It might be more common than I think.
                        Last edited by okrattler; 11-17-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          You know I just realized something different about your badger. I've shot over 100 badgers and to the best of my memory I can't say I've ever shot one with a white stripe from the middle of its head all the way to its tail like that one has. Normally it stops right between their shoulder blades.

I could be wrong but I really don't remember ever seeing one like that. It might be more common than I think.
                          I’m on the same lease as RobinHood and over last few years I have seen 3 run across senderos but I can’t remember if they had the white stripe all the way down the face or not.

Comment

Looks really grey. Ours a little further south and west have a really dark red tint to their coats. Then again, we have mostly red clay dirt. Cool little creatures only seen them during daylight hours a handful of times. Last one I shot smelled like a rotting carcass. Think he was scavenging on something dead in the brush for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                              I’m on the same lease as RobinHood and over last few years I have seen 3 run across senderos but I can’t remember if they had the white stripe all the way down the face or not.
                              It would be interesting to see if any of the other ones do. I asked my buddy if he's ever shot or seen one that had a racin stripe down its back and he said he hasn't either. Just about to the middle of their back is about as far as I've ever seen that stripe go.

I need to find that picture of all the ones I had in the freezer before taking them to the fur buyer to see if any of those had it. I'm pretty sure I've put that picture on here at some point.

Comment

Congrats on a bucket list item. Like most on here it's something we'd love to have but have never actually seen in person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X