Golf Cart Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    With my 1996 36v EZGO, I have to disagree. Replaced the 8” wheels with 12” and 22” tires. Torque is AWFUL. Can’t climb an ant hill. Brand new Trojan batteries. Standard controller and motor. Very disappointed. My 48v had 5x the torque. Gonna get higher amp controller and forward/reverse switch soon. Hope it helps!!
    Something is wrong with your cart.

Comment

You got a good deal. That Powerwise charger is worth $200 by itself. What year is it?

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        Something is wrong with your cart.
        What could it be? I have to get a “run-for-it” to get it up the ramps into my F150, no kidding! Torque is terrible!
        Last edited by Dr. Evil; 11-04-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

What could it be? I have to get a “run-for-it” to get it up the ramps into my F150, no kidding!

Not sure but a 1996 series ezgo should not have trouble climbing.

Comment

I’ve Googled it and have found no answers.

Comment

Maybe your motor is worn out? Make sure it rolls free if you push it by hand, I've seen brakes drag and cause problems.

Comment

What could it be? I have to get a “run-for-it” to get it up the ramps into my F150, no kidding! Torque is terrible!
                I have two pretty steep hills on my place, one is only thirty feet or so to the top but it comes out of the spillway of my pond and it’s steep. The other is not so steep, but it’s 100’ or so long. My EZ Go 48v has no trouble with either one, even if it’s not fully charged.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                  Maybe your motor is worn out? Make sure it rolls free if you push it by hand, I've seen brakes drag and cause problems.
                  Rolls very easily.

Comment

Golf Cart Question

How old are your batteries and did you say stock motor and controller on 22” tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You got a good deal. That Powerwise charger is worth $200 by itself. What year is it?
                      It's a '97 model.

I ended up trading a $300 value Drone and $1200 for it.

Comment

I will want to put tires better suited to the rocky and "cactus-y" terrain.
                        I don't want to kill performance by doing so.
                        Would you recommend sticking with the stock 8" wheels and knobby tires or do I need to do a little lift and taller tire/wheel combo?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          How old are your batteries and did you say stock motor and controller on 22” tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Brand spanking new Trojans. Yes, stock motor and controller. They are either 20” or 22” tires on 12” rims.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            I will want to put tires better suited to the rocky and "cactus-y" terrain.
                            I don't want to kill performance by doing so.
                            Would you recommend sticking with the stock 8" wheels and knobby tires or do I need to do a little lift and taller tire/wheel combo?
                            Up to you. I went with 6 ply tires for better thorn protection, and knobby tread for mud. Lift is needed for sure on the front.

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
                              Up to you. I went with 6 ply tires for better thorn protection, and knobby tread for mud. Lift is needed for sure on the front.
                              But doesn’t all that extra unsprung weight kill performance?

Comment

I love my gasser. Is it louder than a electric yes but surprising quiet. I heard now that the 2019 are even more quiet than mine is.

I charge mine once a month and we are good to go

Comment

Working...
                                X