Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
    The game warden will answer that by explaining it or giving you a ticket for using the wrong tag. Hahaha....

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

It got tagged with a buck tag for sure lol. I walked up and did a thorough examination before slapping one on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
      Is there a rule against shooting nubbins?

No sir. My deer wasn’t spotted but If it was I for sure would have passed. Honestly thought I was just shooting a smaller doe. It was in some grass that I thought made it look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
        Age and score on your “buck”? [emoji23]

Did you get a peek at the 8 and/or 9 pt in the freezer?

Comment

Saw a monster of a 10 point this morning. Too far away though. Spotted three bulls later on. Tried to put a stalk on them. Got to about 90 yards. The spotted me and took off.

Comment

Are y'all using tripods or ground blinds? I've been debating on what to take this year

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
              Are y'all using tripods or ground blinds? I've been debating on what to take this year
              I hunt from the ground, but in past years I have taken a tripod. In my opinion a blind will look out of place because it has not been there too long. The animal may notice it. You cannot cut branches to help conceal it so it may stick out like a sore thumb. If you can get an aluminum tripod it would be best. I am sure animals have been taken from hunting in a blind but this is just my opinion between the two.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I totally agree, 6 or 7' tripods work the best. Besides that, I sat on a stool once, looked down, and there was a trail of ticks crawling up it. Wonder where they were going

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
                  From what I have seen.. whitetail don't care. Nilgai will bust you in a heartbeat in a pop up.

Comment

Congrats Wisconsin. That's an accomplishment for an adult much less a young'un. Pressure's on you now!

Hope the rest of your trip is as good as the start.

Comment

Any updates? Can someone get a pic of the board?

Comment

Got my ebike charged and ready! Can’t wait until next weekend!

Comment

I was out on the bay on Friday and that was some of the roughest conditions I've ever been in. I did see quite a few nilgai on unit 4, across the arroyo from you guys, feeding around and was surprised they were out given the conditions. Saturday and Sunday sure were nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                            I probably shouldn't state this, but to shoot a 26 pound doe (fawn) and a 48 pound buck ( fawn) is just stupid.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
                            Any deer legally harvested with archery equipment at Laguna Atascosa is a trophy.

The same goes for almost all public land.

Comment

Thanks for all the positive words! She was very excited. We hunted from a ground blind in unit 8 and saw game every day. Lots of whitetail bucks just nothing that she wanted to harvest. On the way home as we speak for some WI big buck rut action!

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                                Any deer legally harvested with archery equipment at Laguna Atascosa is a trophy.

The same goes for almost all public land.
                                Nope. Can't agree with that. Shooting babies is stupid.
                                Misidentifying a doe and button buck is different though. I think lots of us have made that mistake.
                                Last edited by gemini2759; 10-28-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X