Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High fence ? Pea Gravel ?

Comment

I was elevated in a climber 23 yard shot behind the shoulder slightly quarted towards me saw where it hit him. the only thing I can assume it hit the back shoulder. I realize I shouldn't have hit the shoulder I wasn't aiming for it but wouldn't there be blood from the entry wound?? like I said the arrow was soaked up three inches too the fletching. and im not knocking anyone who uses rage if it works for you it works for you. It was a fred bear element handed down to me from my dad split limb single cam 300 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Evidently it was not a good shot...
        Exactly.

Gary

Comment

Quartering toward you...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTxHog View Post
            I was elevated in a climber 23 yard shot behind the shoulder slightly quarted towards me saw where it hit him. the only thing I can assume it hit the back shoulder. I realize I shouldn't have hit the shoulder I wasn't aiming for it but wouldn't there be blood from the entry wound?? like I said the arrow was soaked up three inches too the fletching. and im not knocking anyone who uses rage if it works for you it works for you. It was a fred bear element handed down to me from my dad split limb single cam 300 fps.
            Are you Mikey Parks from Splendora?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              What grain arrow are you shooting 350 or 400..

350 grain maxima arrow 100 grain rage

Comment

Originally posted by EastTxHog View Post
                There will be A TON of opinions on the matter but i do what I can to NOT take a quartering shot. Best chance for pass through is completely broadside. No secret a pass through will leave a better blood trail and in this case it sounds like that's all you needed was a blood trail to follow to your dead spike

Comment

Quartering toward is the answer, not that it won't work, but not the best angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Quartering toward you...

very slightly not even close to 45 degree

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Are you Mikey Parks from Splendora?
                      yesss sir Im buddys with all your sons

Comment

Hit him high from an elevated position and the body cavity needs to fill up before it comes out. Bad shot. Bad angle. No blood. Still killed the deer. The head worked.

Comment

Quartering to you and hit behind the shoulder means gut shot. One lung/liver at best.

Gary

Comment

You sure it wasn’t a rage hypo I heard they are pretty weak

Comment

I have used muzzy since i started at 12, I'm 22 now and have been happy with my 3 blade fixed muzzy's. Seems like you can't go wrong with it.

Comment

Should have easily passed through though with the angle and placement... I still think mechanicals are used far too often to cover up poor bow tuning and I personally shoot fixed for that reason and because there’s nothing to fail. Fixed blades are already “deployed”.
                                Last edited by 2coolforschool; 10-30-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X