Thanks Shane !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Shane !

He will kill me for posting this. Monday morning I was scrolling thru FB. Shane and I are friends there too. I saw a post by Shane. It said something like. If you know anyone that can't get out or around to do things please let him know. He could get them where they needed to go.

Well ding... In my head a day later I remember that.

When I first got on TBH 6 years ago or so. The first person I had a brief face to face meeting with was Shane. His business is about 1/2 a mile from my folks house. I stopped by to say hello and see his mounts in his office. Next time I saw him was at a TBH golf tournament 3 years ago I believe. We visited and went on our way to play. I have texted him a coupla times since then.

Well, I called my folks last night in Abilene at 6pm to check on them. Both being 86 and never asking for assistance and always offering it to everyone else. I found out they had lost power at 4pm. My dad sounded flustered for the first time ever.
    I ask if they had called any friends. He said their cell phones were dead. Then his cell phoned died mid call. I am 4.5 hours away and started thinking what to do.

I called Shane at 6:20 out of the blue. We hadn't visited in atleast a year and a half I would say. We said hello and before I could even finish explaining what was going on he ask me what their address and phone numbers were. He was over at their house by 7:15. He took them a head lamp and shared a few words to reassured them things would be ok. He took both their dead cell phones back to his house. He charged my dads phone and drove it back over to their house at 10pm in case they had problems that night.

Shane and I talked this morning. I let him know another family friend was going to pick them up and drive them by 4x4 to their house where they had power. Shane said I better get your moms phone back to her and off he went. I called him on his cell to tell him not to worry about her phone. We could get it later. He was already almost to their house.

My wife polks fun at me often about being on tbh and texting my deer lease wives as she calls them all the time. I bet that ribbing slows down a bunch now!

Words cannot describe how thankful my wife and I are that there was a friend from TBH we could call.

Thanks again Shane.
    Last edited by Abcdj; 02-17-2021, 03:58 PM.

He's that kind of guy for sure.

Comment

Way to go Shane!
      Lots of Great people on here!

Comment

That’s the TBH brotherhood at its finest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Typical Shane and TBH.

Regarding wives... mine actually said of tbh... “those people aren’t real.” That was in ‘04 I think. About a month ago she suggested leaving a tbh express pick up in our garage and giving the tbh’er our garage code. lol.

How things have changed.

Comment

good read

Comment

Good people taking care of good people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Typical Shane and TBH.

Regarding wives... mine actually said of tbh... “those people aren’t real.” That was in ‘04 I think. About a month ago she suggested leaving a tbh express pick up in our garage and giving the tbh’er our garage code. lol.

How things have changed.
                Jeff my family feels the same. All I have to do is ask Harley “hey are you going through so in so town?” Yes I am, need me to pick up something for TBH? Lol.

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

No surprise to me! Shane is a great guy. Glad he was in the same area to help your parents out.

Comment

Outstanding. I've had a similar experience the last few days with TBH'er Doug.

Comment

That’s good stuff right there. Glad your folks are ok. It is a helpless feeling being so far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ain’t many better out there

Comment

Good deal...,and typical of a lot of TBHers. Good on Shane

Comment

Originally posted by dukfvr View Post
                              way to go shane!
                              lots of great people on here!
                              x10

Comment

Working...
                              X