Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front end replacement discission

2018 F250

I smoked a young buck last night and want to replace the factory bumper with a full pipe replacement. This is the second deer this truck has hit and im looking for more protection (although it held up very well both times). So with that, im curious what yall are using these days? Also curious if a rear pipe bumper is worth it and what the advantage may be there other than the obvious of getting rear ended?

I did some searching last night and found a lot like ranch hands and some were starting to buy Cattlemen’s. Just curious if thats changed since that thread was over a year old or if theres a new kid on the block that everybody likes these days? I will say road armor looks a bit bulky to me, and I kind of like the more traditional look if you will.

Any help appreciated and Happy Thanksgiving to everybody that reads this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Browns Welding in New Braunfels. I’ve plowed 2 deer so far and not a dent. https://www.browns-truckaccessories.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dspivey View Post
      Browns Welding in New Braunfels. I’ve plowed 2 deer so far and not a dent. https://www.browns-truckaccessories.com/

How are they on price? Pretty comparable to others or a bit more since custom built?

Comment

I have Gage brand it's a clone of the ranch hand.

Comment

South Texas Outfitters in San Antonio, kind of expensive but solid

Comment

The first deer I hit with my ranch hand did nothing except bend the license plate. I had zero body or bumper damage. The second deer I hit with my ranch hand crushed it and caused damage to the fenders as well.
            I don’t know what kind of damage there would have been with a regular factory bumper but I imagine it would have been significant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a steelcraft I really like. Light bar insert on it and 20” light bar comes free with it.
              Also have a ranch hand on 2020 f350 I like. Steel craft was a hair cheaper but I think I like it more

Comment

I’ve had Fab Fours black steel elites on 2 trucks including my current one. Super tough. Current truck took a nose dive in a ditch in a wheat field and it saved my ***. Lol.

Comment

Tough country are my favorite. Truly believe it save our life .

Comment

I have ranchhand on the front been waiting on the back since August everyone is on back order in my area for all brands

Comment

A friend in Missouri has thoroughly put a Road Armor to test on deer and a small car that hit his pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                        How are they on price? Pretty comparable to others or a bit more since custom built?

This, I found them to be much cheaper than ranch hand and they will customize.

Talking about brownes welding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Appears theres a bunch of good brands out there! One of my buddies said Tietjen’s in La Grange, Tx. Anybody used them before?

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                            Tough country are my favorite. Truly believe it save our life .
                            Ditto, these are hard to beat.
                            Tough Country is a Texas-based manufacturer, designer, and producer of high quality bumpers, brush guards, headache racks, and step products with a nationwide dealer network.

RanchHand lives on its past I think. I had one on my 13', powder coat fell off in chunks, expanded metal rusted away. It was not built like the old ones

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                              Ditto, these are hard to beat.

Tough Country is a Texas-based manufacturer, designer, and producer of high quality bumpers, brush guards, headache racks, and step products with a nationwide dealer network.

RanchHand lives on its past I think. I had one on my 13', powder coat fell off in chunks, expanded metal rusted away. It was not built like the old ones

Thats a pretty good looking bumper. I really like that theres no expanded metal.

Comment

Working...
                              X