Film development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Film development

I have a roll of 35 mm Kodachrome film and can’t find a place to get it processed. It’s a K-14 process. Anyone recommend a place I can send it or take it to?

Kodak quit making Kodachrome about ten years ago. I believe they also quit making the chemicals to develop it. I have heard of some folks developing it as black & white film with limited results. There might be individuals around who still develop it. you would need to search online for that though. Good luck!

Comment

Walgreens wont do it?

Comment

12-13 years ago I could have done it for you easy. These days you can’t find any of that stuff anywhere. Good luck.

Comment

No Walgreens, CVS, or Walmart. CVS actually accepted the roll and sent it off. But it was returned with a note saying it couldn’t process that particular one.

Comment

Good luck. I think i remember seeing a news segment a few years that the last place in the USA that processed kodachrome film was going out of business. Best of luck.

Comment

Good luck, I just did a quick search, turned up empty.

I don't have any K-12 film but lots of E-6 in 120 format. Been sitting in the freezer for years. I have a digital back on my hasselblad that I can switch out to a film back.

Thing is, with all the digital post processing, you can create that color shift and feel. Crazy times indeed.

Comment

I believe Houston Camera Exchange would be your best bet

Comment

Netflix made a movie about this a few years ago. Road Trip!

I think your about 10 years to late. As mentioned earlier, you can process it in black and white and digitally colorize the photos.

EDIT: Due to the high volume of responses, I need to stress that ShootFilmCo DOES NOT Process Kodachrome and that this article is about the person who does: Kelly-Shane Fuller, who can be contacted through these channels: Email: photo@piratelogy.com Piratelogy Studios (Facebook) ******* Kodachrome, as you may know, is the film manufactured, and since discontinued in 2009, by Kodak that required a proprietary process to develop--essentially a

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the comments.

Comment

That brings back some memories. I got started in my photography hobby in high school shooting for our high school newspaper. We had our own dark room and developed all of our own film. Used to shoot Tri-X Pan, Plus-X Pan etc.

That was in the late 1970's and I shot with a Canon AE1. I still have all of my original gear and that was probably more information than the OP was asking for! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                        That brings back some memories. I got started in my photography hobby in high school shooting for our high school newspaper. We had our own dark room and developed all of our own film. Used to shoot Tri-X Pan, Plus-X Pan etc.

That was in the late 1970's and I shot with a Canon AE1. I still have all of my original gear and that was probably more information than the OP was asking for! LOL
                        Nothing wrong with that!

Comment

guess my old 35mm cameras are totally useless now . that sucks !

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                            guess my old 35mm cameras are totally useless now . that sucks !
                            You could always put them in your wife's curio cabinet right next to her grandmother's teacup collection!

Comment

Talk with KEH in Georgia or B&H Camera in NY and see if they could refer you to a developer. I know they deal with "film" style cameras. Shot in the dark, but worth a try.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X