• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
    that might be the worst gif i've ever seen. do better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      “Croaker through the lips”

Steve, you might wanna stick to adding vanilla to the deer corn and catching white bass!
      Heck I woud spray vanilla on a croaker. I hear it hides the fishy smell.
      Last edited by GarGuy; 03-02-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

This will solve everything......

Recognizing the extraordinary impact of the recent winter storm, the CCA Texas 2021 S.T.A.R. Tournament will feature a significantly revised format. The speckled trout, flounder, sheepshead and gaf…

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          I’ve done Louisiana, it’s fun, heading back to the islands in July. Only 3 fish on this stringer would have been legal in Texas.

No group invite this year??? Geez.
          Still a bucket list trip for me. Maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
            No group invite this year??? Geez.
            Still a bucket list trip for me. Maybe one day.
            We had to reschedule from last year. Believe we got bumped 2-3 times due to storms.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
              Yes, makes sense now that you put it that way...
              Spend $700 on gear they might use once a year, then spend a ton on bait, fuel, hotel stays just to hit the coast once or twice. The way I see it let’s say John Doe spends $1500 a year on his 2 trips a year with his own equipment ($700)and catches nothing or maybe just a few whiting, or whatever. Most folks I have taken aren’t local and don’t want to spend their money that way. Spend your money how you see fit, Fish how you want, with who you want, however often you want...just get kids or anyone interested involved and make sure they have reasonable expectations NOT ONLY in fishing but in life too. Even guides have slow days on the water but what people take away from the trip excluding fillets should be worth the cost of admission. If I could afford to take trips for less I would, and I’ve donated plenty of trips. Facts are, boats, maintenance, and living expenses dictate the cost of a guided trip. There are a few making great money but most can tell you it’s not a glorious lifestyle, just a choice to do what we love and get paid for it while sharing the outdoors with folks that may not have a chance to get out very often.

As long as guides are considerate with fish population and do the right thing I have no issues with guides. Heck, just ticked me off the time I did see a guide pull up close by and let his clients take all kinds of sizes just to make them happy. After all, this is our sport and the better we take care of it and protect it the more our future generations can enjoy a life lived outdoors and not just in front of a tablet

Comment

You salt guys have so much drama.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Psssshhhhht... you would probably catch crappie on a minner!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Psssshhhhht... you would probably catch crappie on a minner!
                    I have on good authroity he uses two gold minner hooks, 4 swivels, 3/4oz egg weight (for punching timber) and them plastic go-go beads on his crappy pole

Comment

you wanna talk drama, let's talk about bass fishin'!! Tournaments, and bowfishin catfish on freshwater lakes... You ain't seen nuthin' yet!! We salties ain't even in the same league with crappy and bass fishermen!!

Comment

You want to see whiny and drama, drop a catfish in the carpet of a bass boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BRust View Post
                          Chester Moore makes my blood boil what a tree hugging hippy!!! Enough people take him serious and our grandkids will never legally know that a fish taste like. With that mentality God is gonna send another 100 year freeze next year to prove you are not Him. We have a responsibility to manage what we can but WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

you wanna talk drama, let's talk about bass fishin'!! Tournaments, and bowfishin catfish on freshwater lakes... You ain't seen nuthin' yet!! We salties ain't even in the same league with crappy and bass fishermen!!
                            Lol! I'd like someone tell those fresh boys they have to catch and release those crappy's . Talk about a meltdown

Comment

Originally posted by Troutamer View Post
                              Chester Moore makes my blood boil what a tree hugging hippy!!! Enough people take him serious and our grandkids will never legally know that a fish taste like. With that mentality God is gonna send another 100 year freeze next year to prove you are not Him. We have a responsibility to manage what we can but WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL.
                              I sure like the way you think

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                Lol! I'd like someone tell those fresh boys they have to catch and release those crappy's . Talk about a meltdown
                                Believe it or not I do throw alot of them back

Comment

Working...
                                X