No announcement yet.

Everybody needs one of these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most folks have no clue what a farmer/rancher goes through to get what they so easily pick out of the grocery store

Hang on to your sanity Kyle

Comment

Dang, Hate all this for you. You will be in my prayers.

Comment

Everybody needs one of these

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        When my dad finally cry’s uncle... I never want to see another animal of any species that depends on me.... EVER

I don’t have a dairy farm, but I am in a position where I know EXACTLY what you are saying here!!!! This sucks!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Bisch; 02-16-2021, 11:29 PM.

Comment

thanks for service kyle! hard work and yes proly 80% of folks don't understand how there milk gets on the shelf!!

Comment

Milk..farmers... Under paid under appriciated

Comment

Thanks to all for well wishes and prayers. Several even called and some have checked in. It doesn’t go unnoticed

Just venting
              Thanks for the struggles, praying you catch a break soon.
              I love milk and I am really fond of the chocolate milk out of the dark cows. 😂
              Our company is a drop yard for the milk haulers, we move it to the plant which has been frozen and off line since Sunday. They were still trying to get back on line yesterday.

Comment

Not sure how much snow we have got today... but I can’t tell where I’ve been over past 2 days. Flakes as big as a coffee mug. But slowing down thankfully

Comment

Was missing a 1st calf heifer. Found her buried completely under snow and just calved. She got up. Loaded calf in truck and got her in front of heater in barn. Not high hopes

Comment

Hope they both survive Kyle

Comment

Calf didn’t...

Comment

Calf didn’t...

Comment

I had a few that needed milk today and I got em taken care of. Stores are a ghost town. I had to power through and up “Billy goat hill” one more time today to get diesel for my truck. All gas is sold out. Got some essential stuff for house and there was a middle age man in the dairy section in tears. Needing any milk available for his kids. Breaks my heart to see people in need of something I’m dumping 8000 lbs a day down the drain. Told him if he could get to me, bring anything that would hold milk after 4:00 and I’d hook him up.

When this is all said and done and the stockpile is gone I know our below production prices won’t move a cent.... but it will go up at market. Mark my words
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Low Fence; 02-17-2021, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I had a few that needed milk today and I got em taken care of. Stores are a ghost town. I had to power through and up “Billy goat hill” one more time today to get diesel for my truck. All gas is sold out. Got some essential stuff for house and there was a middle age man in the dairy section in tears. Needing any milk available for his kids. Breaks my heart to see people in need of something I’m dumping 8000 lbs a day down the drain. Told him if he could get to me, bring anything that would hold milk after 4:00 and I’d hook him up.

When this is all said and done and the stockpile is gone I know our below production prices won’t move a cent.... but it will go up at market. Mark my words

That is just sad on so many levels. The man needing milk, you working endlessly to keep the operation rolling, dumping the product, underpricing the product at the supplier.

Comment

I worked my mother's sibling's dairy farms as a kid. Three of them had hands that got a day off every week, we were rotation relievers were other cousins. Did it enough that when I got home from the Navy I headed to Texas and still don't drink milk to this day. Learned some stuff. Bailing hay, sterilizing vats and other equipment. Cleaning stalls, shoveling silage and how a silage **** covered cow tail feels and smells up aside the face. But I knew darn good and well it wasn't the life for me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

All I can do is a prayer for strength and relief for ya. Stay strong.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X