Brown Bear back from Taxi...need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAP View Post
    Great looking room, personally I think I would have just taken the wall down like you did, but stopped there and not built the "closet" to put the bear in. The trim on top and the wall between the bear and printer need to go.
    Def should have though about that. Probably would have worked perfectly. Thanks

Comment

Beautiful bear! I would start with the pedestal as well. I’m gonna get in trouble with the wife but An animal that is that magnificent deserves a prominent place in the house.

Comment

Disappointing on the fit, but that is going to be amazing when you sort it out.

So awesome to have a full grizz mount in your house!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
          Lose the wooden base !
          Put the habitat directly on the floor.
          THAT'S THE PLAN!!! There is 5 inches of steel 1 3/4'" square tubing sticking out of the bears left foot. It's sliding into 2" square tubing in the base to hold the bear upright. Gotta call a taxi and see if they can hide all of that in the habitat. Thanks man!

Comment

Get the chainsaw out and the wall

Comment

Good looking bear! He's too dang big.

We have something in common.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	24640462

Comment

No way I would put him in that closet!!! I would put him in the corner where you could see him from all angles. Those other mounts in the corner are nice but pale in comparison to that big fella. Any how it's a good problem to have. Think I would put him in the foyer so when you came in the front door he would be there to greet you

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                  Great looking room, personally I think I would have just taken the wall down like you did, but stopped there and not built the "closet" to put the bear in. The trim on top and the wall between the bear and printer need to go.
                  The easiest thing would be to trade places with the deer & aoudad. You won't have to modify the pedestal or the wall/trim. If it doesn't work for you that way, then what MAP recommended above^^^.

Either way, awesome looking office!

Comment

Dang those things are big
                    Very nice, congrats

Comment

Great looking mount, and man that is a big bear lol. I like the idea of taking him off the pedestal and leaving him there. Nice wood work whoever did that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                        Great looking mount, and man that is a big bear lol. I like the idea of taking him off the pedestal and leaving him there. Nice wood work whoever did that for you.

This.

Nice bear. Bucket list for sure!

Comment

Your dad has the right idea. Just cut most of that base off and your golden! Awesome display area!

Comment

I think it's hilarious too. Bear looks funny. However, that's a great mount and as others have said, it's a base prob. Cheapest and best.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Good looking bear! He's too dang big.

We have something in common.

[ATTACH]1035399[/ATTACH]

Thanks! Yes sir, I was there with the 3rd AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like the consensus is to move the base. Appreciate the advice fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X