Red Dot Inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Dot Inquiry

I just bought a new Smith & Wesson M & P 15 22 and I would like recommendations for a red dot or reflex sight in the $250 - $300 range. Also which MOA would be better for a .22 sight?

Thanks.

Doug Key

I run an EOTech on my AR. Can’t remember the model but it takes 2 AA batteries. They are a little above your price range but I also know if chit ever hits the fan and I need to bug out, the batteries in my sight are super easy to find. (Of course I have back up) I just need to get vertical iron sights to add to it so I can co-witness if the EOTech failed. I have some 45 offset irons but would rather just keep it simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cant go wrong with a Burris Fast Fire III. It has 3 settings for your MOA and the fourth automatically adjusts to ambient light.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Burris makes goo stuff. I have a Sig I spend 150? On. Great reviews and works as it should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a sightmark, it's very similar to EOtech. Now unless you just really want to drop that cash, I would get that. It has been flawless for me. Right around the 150 range.

Comment

I’ve owned a bushnell trs-25 for several years that has held up well. It is on a 22 pistol now but I’ve used it on a 44 mag handgun and 223 and 22 rifles.

I paid about $100 for it but I think they are less than that now.

Comment

The Sparx AR by Vortex has been a great sight on mine and right in the pocket cost wise. Check them out you wont be dissatisfied.

Comment

I like my Sig Romeo 5.

Comment

Holosun are a great optic. Most models under $300. I love the “shake awake” feature. You pick up your rifle and it comes on.

I’ve left Vortex and moved over to Holosun for AR and mini red dot optics.

Comment

Holosun 510c

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I went a bit above my intended budget but I think it will be worth it. Just ordered a new Aimpoint Pro Red Dot with the hopes it will perform as well as the reviews indicate. I had some BassPro points and a military discount so the cost impact wasn’t quite as bad.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                        Thanks for all the input. I went a bit above my intended budget but I think it will be worth it. Just ordered a new Aimpoint Pro Red Dot with the hopes it will perform as well as the reviews indicate. I had some BassPro points and a military discount so the cost impact wasn’t quite as bad.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.
                        I have a Pro on my AR, The sight has been turned on for over a year, and it's still going strong.

Comment

I run a Sig Romeo 5 red dot on my bolt action 22, I like it.

Comment

Working...
                          X