Ultimate Kids/Truck Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate Kids/Truck Gun

Well it’s finally arrived and it looks and feels awesome! Clayton and the WTO crew knocked it out of the park.

6mm Creed
    TL3
    16.5” Proof Sendero
    Manners CS
    TT Special
    Hawkins precision hunter bottom metal
    Hawkins rings
    Vortex LHT

Here are a few pics. Gonna try to shoot it tomorrow.

Had to get a couple with big brother too. 2019 APR group build in 300win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice

Comment

Man! I like it!

Comment

Nice looking rifle!

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

That turned out awesome! That's going to make one heck of a truck/blind gun. You going to be running a suppressor on it? APR is building me a 20" 6 Creed right now, but I'm already planning a short/lightweight rifle similar to this as soon as I can come up with some more cash.

My wheels have been spinning on a Defiance AnTi Action with a 16.5" Proof or X-Caliber Carbon Barrel probably sitting in a AG Alpine Hunter Stock with either a NF Atacr 4-16x42 or a Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18x44 on top. I've been considering building it in a 7mm-08, but haven't made up my mind. I'm definitely interested to hear what you think of the 6 creed in a 16.5" barrel. I've been nothing but impressed with it in longer barrels.
            Last edited by Raider4044; 07-20-2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Holyyyy shattt. Now that’s sweet

Comment

Oh…. Don’t show me this!! She’s a beaut!!! I just picked up the MPP 12.5” in 6.5, and can’t NOT find a use to shoot it! Good looking rifle sir

Comment

Thanks fellas!

I had some family over and didn’t have time to shoot it today. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to sight it in.
                  The kids have been asking non stop to shoot the new rifle. Wife can’t say no to that!

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                    That turned out awesome! That's going to make one heck of a truck/blind gun. You going to be running a suppressor on it? APR is building me a 20" 6 Creed right now, but I'm already planning a short/lightweight rifle similar to this as soon as I can come up with some more cash.

My wheels have been spinning on a Defiance AnTi Action with a 16.5" Proof or X-Caliber Carbon Barrel probably sitting in a AG Alpine Hunter Stock with either a NF Atacr 4-16x42 or a Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18x44 on top. I've been considering building it in a 7mm-08, but haven't made up my mind. I'm definitely interested to hear what you think of the 6 creed in a 16.5" barrel. I've been nothing but impressed with it in longer barrels.
                    Thanks!
                    I’ve been wanting a rifle with a CS stock for a while now. I like the way it looks and I really like how it functions with the kids. I want them growing up shooting a bolt gun that’s not too big for them and is comfortable to shoot. The CS is the ticket for that in my opinion.

The rifle will be suppressed when the kids are shooting for sure. I haven’t decided if I will use it suppressed while in the truck. I kinda feel like it defeats the purpose of a short rifle in a truck if you add a 7” suppressor off the end. Kinda takes the handiness away..

I was wanting a Leupold 3.6-18 for this rifle also but my Leupold source didn’t have any in stock at the time. I still want one but will most likely run the vortex for a while till I feel a little more wealthy again lol

I think a 7-08 or 308 would be about optimal in a short rifle but I really wanted a 6 creed and feel like it will do the job I need it to. If I want to switch it up I always can with the TL3 and switch lug. I can go with anything from 223 to magnum bolt face with the switch of a bolt head and a new barrel.

Comment

I've got a 16.5 Muellerworks CF on a tikka action and Iota stock with exact same scope. GREAT COMBO for truck gun. Shooting factory Hornady 108 ELM appr. 2650fps and 1/2" group at 100. Already shot boar out to 463 yards. DRT!!

Comment

I like that! Bolt handle is cool

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                          I've got a 16.5 Muellerworks CF on a tikka action and Iota stock with exact same scope. GREAT COMBO for truck gun. Shooting factory Hornady 108 ELM appr. 2650fps and 1/2" group at 100. Already shot boar out to 463 yards. DRT!!
                          Good to know! I plan on using the 108s also and wanted to reach 5-600 yds on smaller game. Sounds like it should work just fine

Comment

How’d it shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                              How’d it shoot?
                              Been too dang busy to shoot it and I was out of town this past weekend.

I’m going to try to shoot this week, if not for sure this weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X