Catfish Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catfish Guide?

My 6 year old would like catch BIG catfish for his birthday. We live in DFW and are willing to drive a few hours for the right spot. His birthday is late September. Can anyone recommend a kid friendly guide service within a few hours of DFW for catfish? Equally important, are catfish biting in September/October, or is it slow?

Micheal Littlejohn on Lake Tawakoni

Comment

Pavur Outdoors. He's incredible on the catfish and a great guy. Located in Seymour but he's from DFW and fishes all over.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I second The Littlejohns.
        Amazing guides, and great people.
        My buddy and I both caught limits of sandies, hybrids and catfish in one day with Michael. Dude just knows how to find the fish on that lake.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          I've heard Tawakoni is a great catfish lake.

Comment

Yes sir, I would definitely look at Twok for catfish. I used Tony Pennebaker @ Thunder Cove a few months back & had a blast, great guide & caught tons of fish. I have also heard good things about Michael Littlejohn as well, but personally haven't used him yet. As far as the really big boys go, if you can hold out another month or two (Nov & Dec.) supposedly the best time for trophy blue cats is in winter, but I know how little boys patience is so probably not lol. I included a link to Thunder Cove guide if you would like to check it out, please let us know how yall do when you go whoever you end up going with

Lake Tawakoni Fishing Guide Tony Pennebaker targets Catfish year-round. Book the top-rated Blue Catfish Guide on Lake Tawakoni now.
            Last edited by woodsbound; 07-28-2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Look at Bradley's Guide Service on Lake Conroe

Comment

100% - go watch their youtube videos.

Comment

This, but I would suggest taking him out in the fall if he wants a monster. Michael and his wife Terry offer a great experience, as I have been on their boats many times. They are currently fishing at their summer place in POC. They do have a guide or two running, but they are focused on hybrids/ stripers, small cats, and crappie. Terry is excellent at finding the big blues when it cools down.

BTW, good on you for wanting to make that boys wish come true.

Comment

Shannon Wheeler if you want to fish Fork. This two person limit took 3.5 hours. 903-987-2315. Biggest was 8 pounds, very few had to be measured.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hot Rod on tawakoni 972-552-0000

Comment

Catfish

Originally posted by pbl View Post
                        My 6 year old would like catch BIG catfish for his birthday. We live in DFW and are willing to drive a few hours for the right spot. His birthday is late September. Can anyone recommend a kid friendly guide service within a few hours of DFW for catfish? Equally important, are catfish biting in September/October, or is it slow?
                        Man your right by Lake Fork just go rent you a place right there and some around there will put you on some catfish. We stayed at one right there where the high way bridge crosses sorry cannot remember the name. Guides are all over but I would just ask around places and bait. Man take that little Guy if you want and hire a guide and go catch some of them Big Slab Sacalait I promise he will love that.

Comment

Hot Rod, Michael Smith, Keith Parks and Littlejohn are all great guides. Your best chance for a trophy catfish will be on Tawakoni. End of September through March is a good time to try to catch a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                            Look at Bradley's Guide Service on Lake Conroe

This^^^^ but it’s a long way from you. If you ever plan a weekend near Conroe he’s the best on that lake.

Comment

You may call Royce Simmons on Richland Chambers. He fishes for white bass, crappie and catfish.

Comment

Working...
                              X