• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    Rape U did that to themselves.
    People loved to hate Baylor long before Briles, that just fanned the flames

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      People loved to hate Baylor long before Briles, that just fanned the flames

Nobody really hated Baylor before Briles. They just didn’t respect them. They were pretty much irrelevant to the point of not even being an after thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        I hope everyone is having a lot of fun wrapping themselves in their school color and pointing fingers and yelling at they and them. The bottom line is this has nothing to do with school loyalty or conference loyalty or anything other than money. This is the first step in a trip that will end with 4 16 team conferences splitting off from the NCAA, for football and probably basketball. College football and basketball will be a professional program. Athletes will be paid employee's of the university and not students. They will have contracts and agents and be traded and bought like NFL and NBA players. Except for a few they won't care where they are except for who offers the best contract and when they leave there won't be any connection back to the program.

It's been this way at the AD and coaching level and up for a long time. The only color that matters is green and who has the most will determine who win's the most.

Welcome to the future folks, I for one am not excited where this is going and it has nothing to do with Texas joining the SEC.

They will be crying and pointing fingers when it happens and I believe you are correct. One schools pomposity will cause a negative chain reaction and lots of schools will suffer. The funny thing is college football is their everything and when it’s gone what are they going to do?[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] I swear some of you guys are absolutely embarrassing! I bet y’all are fun a parties… if y’all get invited!

Comment

Big 12 trying to get them to stay.

As rumors about the SEC moving closer to adding Texas and Oklahoma persist, the Big 12 is reportedly making an effort to keep its two signature programs from...

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

What’s good for the goose…

Based on today’s comments from a Pres and AD, it’s obvious how this went down.

I wasn’t big on the move, I figured they’d end up in the B1G at some point, but this simply makes more sense geographically.

If/when it becomes official. It’s funny that everyone affiliated with a few instate programs wants to pin it on the cash cow that kept their coffers full for years. The SEC had to want to expand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by Chad C; 07-24-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I am really excited about UT going to the SEC. Football and baseball will be great to watch. I do think there is a lot that needs to be hashed out before it’s a done deal and I’m sure there will be some legislators that will attempt to block it. I hope it happens. I think it would be great to have the UT - Aggy game again. May need to have the national Guard on site to keep peace though.

Let’s face it, college sports is getting more and more tainted by the big money and I think it’s naive for us to look at it the same way as it was. I do think Tech, TCU, Ok St and Baylor land somewhere. Most likely not all together. Tech to PAC 12 is kind of exciting. Could see TCU and OK St there too. Gonna sit back and watch this drama unfold.

Hook’em

Comment

I figure a chunk of the Big 12 ends up in the American.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  I figure a chunk of the Big 12 ends up in the American.

I bet you’re right

Comment

TBH Aggy trippin.

Whoever has the most money wins? [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-24-2021, 05:42 PM.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

IMO, the Longhorns stand to be the the biggest beneficiary of a move to the SEC, financially and athletically (program wise). I happen to think A&M is likely to get the second biggest bump, followed by Oklahoma and the rest of the SEC teams. (I will add that Arkansas could actually get a substantial bump, competitively, as well.)

Bama, LSU, UGA, Florida, and the upper echelon teams in the current SEC will obviously continue to recruit at their normally high level, as will OU.

But I think the Longhorns and Ags (along with OU, LSU and possibly Arkansas) will be in better position to recruit the Texas kids that might otherwise have gone to TCU, Tech or Baylor, especially if those schools aren’t able to jump on another P5 wagon.

I also think the increased strength of league could even negatively impact recruiting powerhouses like OSU, Clemson, ND, Oregon, etc.

Of course, there will still be highly rated Texas HS kids that go out of state, but I think most will give even higher consideration to SEC schools, as well.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Texas lawmakers draft bill to require approval of conference realignment

Texas state lawmakers have voiced concerns to Gov. Greg Abbott about the Texas Longhorns leaving the Big 12, and drafted a bill requiring legislative approval of conference realignment.

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html

Someone is butt hurt
                        Acting like a bunch of whiney democrats.

Comment

would love to see this happen. but dont think it will? hope am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            IMO, the Longhorns stand to be the the biggest beneficiary of a move to the SEC, financially and athletically (program wise). I happen to think A&M is likely to get the second biggest bump, followed by Oklahoma and the rest of the SEC teams. (I will add that Arkansas could actually get a substantial bump, competitively, as well.)

Bama, LSU, UGA, Florida, and the upper echelon teams in the current SEC will obviously continue to recruit at their normally high level, as will OU.

But I think the Longhorns and Ags (along with OU, LSU and possibly Arkansas) will be in better position to recruit the Texas kids that might otherwise have gone to TCU, Tech or Baylor, especially if those schools aren’t able to jump on another P5 wagon.

I also think the increased strength of league could even negatively impact recruiting powerhouses like OSU, Clemson, ND, Oregon, etc.

Of course, there will still be highly rated Texas HS kids that go out of state, but I think most will give even higher consideration to SEC schools, as well.

Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              I hope everyone is having a lot of fun wrapping themselves in their school color and pointing fingers and yelling at they and them. The bottom line is this has nothing to do with school loyalty or conference loyalty or anything other than money. This is the first step in a trip that will end with 4 16 team conferences splitting off from the NCAA, for football and probably basketball. College football and basketball will be a professional program. Athletes will be paid employee's of the university and not students. They will have contracts and agents and be traded and bought like NFL and NBA players. Except for a few they won't care where they are except for who offers the best contract and when they leave there won't be any connection back to the program.

It's been this way at the AD and coaching level and up for a long time. The only color that matters is green and who has the most will determine who win's the most.

Welcome to the future folks, I for one am not excited where this is going and it has nothing to do with Texas joining the SEC.
                              Sad but true unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                              X