Copperheads in TEXAS .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copperheads in TEXAS .......

Well, just got back. Only found two. Both young.

Both of them lay still, hoping I would pass on by. As soon as I approached them for the capture, they immediately tried to run/slither away. No aggressive behavior, just fear. The small one did strike my tongs but only after I grabbed it.

You might think that you're redneck
    But I'm rednecker than you
    Last edited by Geezy Rider; 07-20-2021, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Plenty of them here in Caldwell county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They may not be aggressive, but make up for it by hanging around where people are
        Every time I picked up or turned over something around the yard, I fully expected to see a copperhead under it. Like scorpions here in Brownwood county.

If they didn’t eat cicadas, I wouldn’t care to ever see one again.

Comment

Killed 3 in the last week here in Palo Pinto. One was 5 ft up in a tree I was cutting limbs on.

Comment

My son mows my parents yard and the record killed is 18 in one afternoon.
            He has a riding mower and my son uses a 22 with rat shot and I think it makes it a little more fun

Comment

See copperheads all the time back home and here in the Brazos Valley. Have a friend up in Dallas that has a really bad infestation. As of last deer season he had killed a couple hundred already in his yard over the past couple years.

Off copperhead subject, but I never saw a single coral snake until I started working in Franklin and now I’ve seen 4-5. Accidentally ran over a big one a couple days ago

Comment

Blows my mind, all the people saying they’ve never came across an aggressive copperhead! Every single one ive ever came across was a little a******. Except one that I accidentally picked up once at work. Literally just hung there until I realized it and dropped him. I’ve had several at work strike my truck tires. But Ive Came across dozens of rattlesnakes that always ran away. Stepped on one dove hunting once and had one curled up 6” from my hand once while working on some equipment that I didn’t realize for awhile was there and neither did anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CitiotsGoHome View Post
                  One was 5 ft up in a tree I was cutting limbs on.
                  GTF outta here! What?!?!? That's throat-high for us short folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                    GTF outta here! What?!?!? That's throat-high for us short folks!
                    He was wrapped around some vines going up the tree. I'm guessing after cicadas because it was right before dark. First snake I have killed with a pair of loppers.

Comment

Cousin's kid got bit by one last night, after he picked one up. Only got minor amount of venom in him, so ER doc's said to just watch it. Kid's were trying to make a few buck mowing grass down by the Brazos, and now mama and daddy get a ER bill to pay for.

I used to pick up snakes all the time, but dang it, leave the venomous one alone.

Comment

If you're gonna get bit by a venomous one I've always heard that's the one to get bit by. I know a girl that got bit on the foot by a copperhead in Eastern Oklahoma last Summer and she didn't have to stay in the hospital. Foot swelled up pretty good and I'm sure it hurt but she didn't have as bad of a hospital bill as she should have. They just told her to take anti-inflammatory medication and to watch it close.

Comment

The Hillcounrty doesn’t have many, I hadn’t seen them till one day I was moving some old round bales, and then I was surprised to see so many around the field

Comment

Killed three this weekend I think the rain we have gotten and all the frogs we have from the standing water has got them moving.

Comment

I was bitten about 22 years ago.... just noticing a color pattern on my back now lol j/k friend at work was bit this past Saturday night . they are here....

Comment

Hunted Angelina river bottom in Nac county/20 years +they had there share....Lived in Matagorda county 40y + Ain't no shortage there either...Out of all the Snakebite cases I personally know about 10...70% were copperhead best of memory...

Comment

Working...
                                X