Gatlinburg tn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatlinburg tn

Headed there in the morning for 4 days and then to fort mountain state park in Georgia for couple days. Are there any good places to eat are must do's in gattlinberg.

The walking bridge is to do and ride the gondola to the ski lodge.

Comment

Gatlinburgh and pigeon forge are pretty crowded. Hike through Smokey mountain national park. It’s beautiful

Comment

The town is too touristy for me. Whitewater rafting is a blast. There are some great hikes in the park. My kids loved zip lining but it’s not my thing. If you like German food Wild Bear Tavern in Pigeon Forge is good. Applewood Farmhouse in Sevierville is great “home cooking.” We had a couple of great lunches at Chubbys Deli ... it’s a diner in 1/2 of a gas station. Nothing fancy ... but good food.

Comment

We have the rocky top mountain coaster booked for Tuesday and the 2 hr white water rafting booked for Wednesday. Just looking for things to fill those other times through out the day

Comment

If your name is Sue, stay out of the saloons………

Comment

There is a YouTube channel called
              “yankeeinthesouth”. Check it out.

They visit and review a bunch of spots in that area. Good info.

Comment

Cade's Cove is worth a visit.

Comment

Local Goat was pretty good, most restaurants are pretty horrible

Comment

We were there On the 3rd and the 4th of this month. We really did not have time to do much in Gatlinburg, but there is a lot to do there. Wished we had more time. There is a aquarium there, there is a creek that runs through the town. It's a tourist town to an extreme. Just about any place you can think of to eat, is there. Then zip lines in the area, a lot of things to do. They rent Jeeps, RZRs and those three wheeled Slingshots.

In Gatlinburg they have stores for three different distilleries, then stores for at least four different wineries, on the main strip. We only went into one place, called Old Smoky Tennessee Moonshine. They have some good stuff, but also some strange stuff.

A trip through the Smoky Mountain National Park are a really nice place to go. There is at least one nice stream going through the park, that you can fish. It's supposed to have native rainbow trout and German Brown trout. I was told there are brook trout higher up in the mountains, in the streams. You can go tubing the creek or stream, whatever you want to call it.

There is a lot in the area, we did not get to do. We did go to Chattanooga area, to Lookout Mountain, there is are quite a few things to see there. All over the state of Tennessee, there are a lot of old Civil War battle grounds. Including one on top of Lookout Mountain, that's the only one I got to see. Pigeon Forge is supposed to have a lot to do. We did not make it to the Jack Daniels Distillery or any of the others, really wanted to.

The only place we ate at in Gatlinburg was some pizza place on the main strip, it was some pretty good pizza. We tried to park down near the main strip and eat. But on the 4th of July, it was near impossible to find a place to park, so we got a little ways past the main crowd and found a pizza place, and did not have to pay for parking, so we ate there.

We already have plans to go back. Our daughter is already trying to talk us into moving there, since she did. Ain't going for it, beautiful place, but don't want to move there.

Comment

Just got back, man that place is a ZOO! Someone mentioned it being a tourist trap on steroids. They were not mistaken.

That being said, there is more to do in the area that there is time. Just depends on what you are interested in.

Comment

Smokey mountain Moonshine
                        Not in Gatlinburg I don't believe but the Hatfield and McCoy dinner show was good
                        Dolly world was fun
                        If you make it to Nashville, Ole Reds and Johnny Cash museum.

Comment

No help but a funny story.

My wife's maiden name was Gatlin, and she always wondered if the town was name after a relative, We finally went to Gatlinburg, and she found a book on the history of the town. It was named after Radford C. Gatlin, and he was a scoundrel who was eventually run out of town, tarred and feathered and banished for Gatlinburg! She no longer claims any kinship!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                            Cade's Cove is worth a visit.
                            I agree with this. If I remember correctly we went into a cave / Did some hiking, and did a driving loop. We got to see some black bears and several deer.

Comment

Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Pigeon Forge is a must do. Get there when they open, it can get busy.

Drive the Little River Gorge rd to Townsend and drive the upper Tremont rd for a peaceful scenic drive along a stream.

Another couple good drives is the road to the Ramseys Cascades trail head (Greenbrier Rd), and the Roaring Fork motor trail.

The bypass around Gatlinburg is your friend. We stay in Pigeon Forge and avoid downtown Gatlinburg.

Food in Pigeon Forge: Pucketts Grocery, Apple Barn, Five Oaks Farm Kitchen (get the chicken and dumplins and ask for biscuits), The Mill, Elviras cafe in Wears Valley. Eat early to avoid long wait times.

Comment

Working...
                              X