Kudo's to Costa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudo's to Costa

I've got a pair of tuna alley blue glass that all the rubber nose piece and ear pieces are falling apart. I tried to do the warranty last years but Costas warranty system was down due to covid. Last week I was successful and after sending them the request and the required photos. Costa respondedthat they would honor my warranty and said they no longer make the exact model so I could chose a replacement. Should have a new pair coming to me, hopefully soon.

Yet they wont honor the warranty for a frame with rubber earpieces and nose piece falling off because they have prescription lenses in them. They are 4 year old glasses so I guess I got my money's worth but its the principle of the matter...

Glad it worked out for you. Must be one of the lucky ones. I feel like the last few threads I've seen about Costa on here have been negative regarding their warranty system.

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 04-28-2021, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Great company and easy to work with.

Comment

The fouled up on a fix for my wife. The sent the glasses,an apology letter and 2 free hats

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have replace 2 pair twice with their warranty. They just sent me a new pair last week that the rubber pieces were falling off. Never any issues, and they just send new ones.

Comment

I have a pair that the rubber will not stay attached, was going to send them in today and never got around to it, hope they cover them, i guess I could super glue them back together.

Comment

I sent in my 3 yr old pair 2 weeks ago due to the finish and nose piece peeling. Got confirmation today they are sending me a new pair within 5-7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                I have a pair that the rubber will not stay attached, was going to send them in today and never got around to it, hope they cover them, i guess I could super glue them back together.
                Easy peasey on their warranty website. Do it all on line with the pics they ask for and they assess them ant tell you if they will warranty them.

Comment

Good to hear. I've been waiting to sent two pair in because I heard they were having issues.

Comment

Glad you had good results because they did not take care of mine at all.

Comment

I sent them a pair that had crushed lenses - got back what looked like a new pair for $85. I sent them a pair that was about 4-5 years last year the ear rubbers had fallen off of. They sent me a new pair free for replacement. Different colored frames but I wasn't complaining. Fast service as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                        Yet they wont honor the warranty for a frame with rubber earpieces and nose piece falling off because they have prescription lenses in them. They are 4 year old glasses so I guess I got my money's worth but its the principle of the matter...

Glad it worked out for you. Must be one of the lucky ones. I feel like the last few threads I've seen about Costa on here have been negative regarding their warranty system.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...costa+warranty
                        Prescription Costa glasses have never had a lifetime warranty, even before they were bought out.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                          Prescription Costa glasses have never had a lifetime warranty, even before they were bought out.
                          This is correct and the reason I stopped buying the frames that have rubber on them several years ago.

Comment

Every pair of Costas I've ever owned (three pairs) had to be sent back for repair. I've decided that the lenses are great but the frames are not, and wont be buying them anymore.

Comment

I've always had great luck with Costa warranty. I've had 2 pairs sent back, one for the nose piece and one for a broken frame in the nose bridge. Both were replaced. The second pair they didn't make the frames anymore so they sent me a 100% off coupon code for anything on the website...dang right I found the most expensive pair!!

Comment

Working...
                              X