Do you like chiropractors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love/Hate.

I watched my father refuse back surgery, checked out of hospital and rolled into a chiropractor in a wheel chair. An hour later he walked upright out of there and never needed back surgery in the last 30 years of his life.

I on the other hand have tried 3 or 4 on multiple occasions with absolutely no improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Love/Hate.

I watched my father refuse back surgery, checked out of hospital and rolled into a chiropractor in a wheel chair. An hour later he walked upright out of there and never needed back surgery in the last 30 years of his life.

I on the other hand have tried 3 or 4 on multiple occasions with absolutely no improvement.

I have had the same experience. I had to put my mother in the truck during a big thunderstorm as she couldn’t walk. He wasn’t the best chiropractor and still isn’t but she was able to walk out. Me on the other hand, he gets me out of pain for a few days (I could go into the neurology of how it works but I won’t bore you[emoji1787]) but he never fixed the problem. It took me 5 years to find the right guy who is now my teacher/mentor to educate me on how to fix the problem and to keep people from having to sign up for the $3k and 60 visit treatment plan. I can’t stand a quack or any doctor who wants to capitalize on peoples pain in suffering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the chiropractor that I go to, but I hate that if I don’t go for a few months he charges me a assessment fee when I come back. I go with the same problem every time and he performs the same treatment every time, it’s just $80 more for the assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post
          We do study traditional chiropractic manipulations using hands on but are you referring to using a tool/ instrument such as an activator or a tool similar that’s an electric gun looking somewhat like an impact? I believe there are multiple techniques that do not use force. Sorry for not responding to your question, I was shocked with the amount of responses!

No electric stimulation at all. Simply uses a dowel? to help move the vertebrae back into alignment...I think that is what is does.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
            I like the chiropractor that I go to, but I hate that if I don’t go for a few months he charges me a assessment fee when I come back. I go with the same problem every time and he performs the same treatment every time, it’s just $80 more for the assessment.

I can’t speak for other doctors, I would guess that the assessment is due to people experiencing trauma and not telling the doc so they continue to treat as they have done. Yet, it can do more harm than good if significant trauma has took place. I’m not sure how long the assessment takes and what it all entails for the extra $80.

Comment

Rylan, does the chiro school preach x-rays before doing any adjustments?

Comment

[emoji867]him. Find another

Comment

Do you like chiropractors?

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Rylan, does the chiro school preach x-rays before doing any adjustments?

Yes and no. We take 4 radiology classes. The basics about radiology, the land marks and measurements, pathologies such as tumors/arthritis etc and I haven’t gotten to the 4th class yet. Of course the Chiropractic radiologists encourage you to X-ray and other doctors may say when they do. When we get to clinic/ residency, they only allow imaging if there is a history of trauma/fracture, pathology or something else. The clinics have a set list of indications for each area of the spine and extremities patients have to present with before imaging takes place. On the other hand, my out of school teacher takes x rays on every patient given they’re not pregnant etc. In school you’re mostly taught the information and somewhat how to adjust. You/ I as the future doctor has to take it upon yourself to learn how to be a good adjuster/doctor/practitioner on outside of school.

Does that answer the question?[emoji23]

Edit: some doctors may do light adjustments but typically most I have associated with wait until they take a detailed history/ x-rays and do a report of findings with the patient before proceeding with care.

Comment

This is a money grab and you should call him out on it. If he argues, tell him congrats on losing a loyal customer.

Comment

After my HS football games, I would go get adjusted on Saturday mornings. As I got older, I continued with chiro treatment (adjustments) as need for low back and SI joint pain. Haven't needed any adjustments in 20 years. I've had great experiences based on my limited , short-term treatment. My cousin is a chiropractor in NOLA. I seriously considered attending LIFE (Atlanta) or Parker (Dallas) to be a DC but chose to be a counselor. Regardless of profession, it's important to research your treating medical professional and find one that you're comfortable with. Some have great bedside manner, other doctors can be pricks .... no different than attorneys, bosses, waiters, roofers, contractors, salesman, dentists, pool builders, etc ....

Comment

I've had one experience, and it was great.

We were 6 days out from a Disney World vacation when my back went out. I was literally crawling around the house. Crawled my way into a random Chiro near the house and was 100% better within a day or so. No issues walking several miles at Disney. Haven't been back since.

Comment

I have limited experience with a chiropractor. I have been 3 times, all after I was in an accident and hurt my back. It defiantly helped and fixed the issue. It felt really good to go and really loosened up my back, but I feel that it is something that once people go to they feel the need to keep going. Could be wrong but that's my thought. The can do a lot of good and are not all quacks, but I believe some are.

Good luck on your profession!

Comment

I had an adjustment followed by 30 minutes of acupuncture Tuesday evening. My problem is stress and the accompanying neck and shoulder pain. My chiropractor helps.

Comment

Worth a watch.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN_GiRNNVh4"]Joe Rogan - The Problem with Chiropractors - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have pretty severe scoliosis. I go often. But haven’t needed it in months. My back easily gets tweaked. I’m hard headed and push through it till I can’t stand the pain anymore. A GOOD chiropractor is worth their weight in gold.

It’s pretty funny that my chiropractor is a little woman. You should see he’d trying to adjust my back haha

Comment

Working...
                                X