No announcement yet.

Morel Mushrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the bugs out of them before you fry em! Fine eating!!

Comment

In north Texas usually along creeks bottoms. I found some in Grayson county on my old land about 350 yards from creek in plum thicket. Mix of cedars and elms, ash, hackberry. I have never found in post oak flats.

Comment

It’s that time of year again in the Ozarks. Found 35 today in one of my good spots. Should be good picking the next few weeks!

Comment

I found 6 small ones today. Just starting to pop.

Comment

Originally posted by mclipp View Post
            I found over 200 last year. It's been on my mind lately, probably go look tommorow.
            Wow
            I had no idea they got that big

Comment

Awesome! So good...

Comment

I found over 200 last year. It's been on my mind lately, probably go look tommorow.
                Holy Morel Batman. That’s crazy

Comment

Wow, that's sure enough a big one. That does it, I'm for sure going to look tommorow.
                  What county did that come from, Jason?
                  Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                  Whoa... that must be a high fence morel!!!
                  I know these post were a year ago but to answer Henderson County and Jspradley actually it was under High Fence Property.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                    It’s that time of year again in the Ozarks. Found 35 today in one of my good spots. Should be good picking the next few weeks!
                    What kind of habitat are you finding them in up there?

Comment

Couple questions:
                      Can you find them along the Angelina river bottom in SETX? Can you find them along the Mena, AR ATV trails in late May?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                        What kind of habitat are you finding them in up there?
                        Usually under elms, ash, & sycamore. Sometimes I’ll find some in cedar thickets if there’s a seep or spring in it. No real science to it for me but typically the same spots are productive most years.

Comment

That's some fine eating..............
                          I never had'em, till my uncle took me hunting, up in Indiana.......
                          We took a grocery bag home... My aunt Wanda, cook'em up...............
                          They were excellent........
                          My uncle (my father's brother) said when they were kids, up in the
                          back hills.... (I'm talking banjo's here)..They sometimes had to live
                          off Morels.....They had 13 kids.......Go figure.....

Iam surprised, to learn we have them here in Texas.......

Comment

Don't forget, you can freezem for later. Lots of Google methods out there.

Comment

Nice!! I love fungus. Cultivated some blue oyster from Petrie dishes. Inoculating shiitake logs soon. Going to sector out some strong mycelium on agar then transfer to wooden dowels before I hammer them in logs for years of fungus.
                              I’m dabbling with chanterelle but it’ll be years before I find out it’s a bust. But it’s worth a shot at picking a few once the trees are inoculated and growing.

Comment

Fwiw morels are awesome. Definitely #1 or #2 I’ve had.

Comment

Working...
                                X