New Braunfels river flow & Schlitterbahn tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Braunfels river flow & Schlitterbahn tickets

We've planning on vacationing in New Braunfels for a few days. Planning to float the river and maybe go to Schlitterbahn one or two days. Who has the best deal on tickets? I know that some restaurants and grocery stores in the area sometimes offer discounts, but we don't hear about them in NE TX.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Bump

Comment

I never knew about discounts. We just always buy them ahead of time online from their website. It is also worth buying the souvenir cup so you get unlimited drink refills.

Comment

Check with your local credit union. Sometimes they have schlbhn coupons.

Comment

we found it is cheaper to stay at the resort and get free tickets included with your stay. the room price looks outrageous at first. but once you do the math for 2 days of park admission x 4 in my family, we came out ahead.

you can use the park on the check in day and check out day. our family loves that place.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            we found it is cheaper to stay at the resort and get free tickets included with your stay. the room price looks outrageous at first. but once you do the math for 2 days of park admission x 4 in my family, we came out ahead.

you can use the park on the check in day and check out day. our family loves that place.
            I'll check into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
              I'll check into that.

Also, if you stay at the park, you get to ride the rides an hour or 2 before the park opens.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                Also, if you stay at the park, you get to ride the rides an hour or 2 before the park opens.
                We used to go back in the 90s and seems like you could stay in park after it closed too

Comment

when we went last year they had really good coupons at HEB

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty8186 View Post
                    when we went last year they had really good coupons at HEB
                    Thanks for the info, that's what I was hoping for.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how the river flow rate is for tubing? Is it currently considered normal, or higher than normal for tubing?

Comment

I was there last Tuesday and Wednesday. I didn't float the Guadalupe, but when I was driving up River Road the flow looked decent. Not many people in the river.
                        The first half of the day Tuesday at Schlitterbahn they made us get out of the tube rides before it went into the Comal due to high level. After lunch they let us in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                          I was there last Tuesday and Wednesday. I didn't float the Guadalupe, but when I was driving up River Road the flow looked decent. Not many people in the river.
                          The first half of the day Tuesday at Schlitterbahn they made us get out of the tube rides before it went into the Comal due to high level. After lunch they let us in there.
                          We're there alot of people floating the river while you were there? How did it compare with other trips, or was this your first time there?

Comment

It is currently at 350cfs on the Guadalupe, should be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                              We're there alot of people floating the river while you were there? How did it compare with other trips, or was this your first time there?

Not my first time there, but it’s been a few years. We didn’t see very many people floating the Guadalupe. Seemed like most of the campgrounds on River Road were only half full if that. Comal was empty too. It was a Tuesday and Wednesday and not a holiday week so I think that had a lot to do with it.
                              Lines at Schlitterbahn weren’t that bad either.

Comment

Working...
                              X