4.5 Months Later - We know what happened to my brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.5 Months Later - We know what happened to my brother

It has been a long 4.5 months filled with irritation at Travis County and their terrible decisions to take on more counties for the Medical Examiners to work through.... and not hiring more people to handle the load.

They processed my brother's slides once, and the doctor could not read them. Apparently his case must have went to the back of the line, again, for more slides. I became the squeaky wheel, calling weekly, and now FINALLY know.

He had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and acute bronchial pneumonia. All he had in his system was naproxen sodium.

Still so many questions on why he didn't go to the doctor, or ER, one block away as were know from a co-worker he was feeling bad. But, everything does lead to it was very quick, thankfully.

Thanks for all the notes and checking in...hopefully, this will let mom start the healing process. Not knowing was really tearing her apart.

Last thought ~
    Remember it is not always the best decision to try to power through something. If you are not feeling right, please go to the doctor.

Prayers Up for You & The Family Mary.

Comment

I'm thankful that your family has some closure, Mary.

Comment

Very sorry for your lose and getting a closure on it will help. God be with you always.

Comment

It took the Tarrant County Medical Examiner 8 months to get back to us on what happened to my dad in Abilene. Prayers for all of you during your recovery.

Comment

Knowing has to help for sure. Continuing prayers for y'all.

Comment

May God bless and comfort you and your family Mary. Prayers are sent.

Comment

Prayers sent Mary!

Comment

Prayers and hope for closure.

Comment

Glad you finally found it and hope it brings some closure. God bless.

Comment

Still praying for healing

Comment

Sorry for your loss Mary, but glad you know a little more.

Comment

Praying for healing, Mary. May God be with you.

Comment

Prayers up for your family Mary. Hopefully this can help bring closure and beginning to heal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I totally support Mary's last thought. My stubbornness almost cost me my life in 2013. I had a sudden pain and pressure on my chest in December of 2013, but it didn't fit the symptoms of a heart attack. So, I refused to go to an ER while in Mansfield visiting my oldest son. I got up the next morning and the pain was still there and my wife insisted that I go with her to the ER. The attending physician got me right in and knew that my left lung had collapsed and the air was building in my chest cavity, putting pressure on my heart and other organs. She told my wife that had I waited much longer (minutes), I wouldn't have survived.

So, here's another stubborn male urging others to not take chances and seek medical help at the earliest sign of "something is wrong."

Comment

Working...
                              X