Tornado in La Grange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tornado in La Grange

Was driving on 71 to Austin and witnessed a tornado rip across the highway this morning around 845am today. A number of buildings were destroyed however could not tell if anyone was injured.

Praying for all those involved.

Gaw dang I bet that was a sight

Comment

No injuries. We were sheltered in place all morning in the school. Missed town by a couple miles

Comment

No injuries were reported.
        A couple of other tornados were spotted in the area also. One in Hallettsville and another between Altair and Eagle Lake. We had warnings here in Columbus, but I think it’s all over now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It got a little western for a bit. Haven't heard of any injuries. People were definitely on edge around town for a little while.

Comment

We saw the funnel cloud pass over us here at the shop.....Talk about a near miss!

Comment

Hit right down the road from my house!! LGISD had all our kids in the bathrooms and girlfriend was calling me freaking out. Won't be home until tonight to see the damage. Prayers up for everyone in the area.

Comment

Prayers that everybody is okay

Comment

Those same cells that spawned tornadoes in LG, Eagle Lake, and Columbus are now sitting over West and NW Houston. Tomball just had an incident. Not sure if it was straight line winds or small funnel. Waiting to hear reports from that area

Comment

Man, it got Western here in Humble for a bit... No hail that I saw, but a bunch of stuff that wasn't tied down at businesses around my office got blown around pretty good... All calm now...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Man, it got Western here in Humble for a bit... No hail that I saw, but a bunch of stuff that wasn't tied down at businesses around my office got blown around pretty good... All calm now...
                      I drove through it. It started hailing on me in Porter for a minute but then stopped. I pulled in stripes and got under the awning till it passed.

Comment

Buddy of mine lost a barn south of Columbus. We went to our safe place for about an hour. We lost all cell/internet/tv so we didn’t know where it was gonna hit.

Comment

It got crazy for awhile here close to 90 between Altair and eagle lake. Tons of rainfall, crazy wind, and some small hail. Luckily the tornado missed us because we were directly in the projected path.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush to Bay View Post
                            We saw the funnel cloud pass over us here at the shop.....Talk about a near miss!
                            I must have just missed that. I was giving a guest lecture at the MS and then cruised by the shop about the time things got a little western. Heard about the tornado in LG. Hope everybody stayed safe.
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Saw a video posted earlier of a “possible multi vortex tornado” on FB over the Kroger in Tomball. It never touched down, but you can see the obvious rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X