MLDP disqualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLDP disqualification

Yesterday I received an email from my counties wildlife biologist saying he "ran across" our ranch and it shows we have not yet submitted our harvest numbers and the deadline was April 1. We should have received several emails requesting our report and to do this ASAP - it would be appreciated and would not jeopardize our 19'-20' enrollment.

I responded right away apologizing for the delay and thanking him for the reminder. But, the harvest log is at the ranch and we would report next time we're there - within 1-2 weeks.

He responded saying we may not be able to enroll this year as a result of missing the deadline, but he would look into it and verify if there is any "wiggle room" in the meantime he would like to add himself as our biologist that way we can stay in touch and we'll be on his radar going forward as he put it.

I saved his number in my phone and replied - that would be great, again apologized for missing the deadline and I would make this a priority. Going on to say we really need MLDP assistance because the property has been so poorly managed and that the deer are causing damage. We have implemented a herd mgnt plan and identified what needs to be done.

Today I received a generic email from LMA@tpwd saying because we missed the April 1st deadline we are disqualified from MLDP participation for the upcoming hunting season. But to still report our harvest ASAP and supplied this link for all detailed reporting requirement. https://tpwd.texas.gov/business/perm...anagement/mldp

OK: This seems extreme! This is our first year on the property and I have never enrolled in MLDP before, so admittedly I was not familiar with all the rules, deadlines and requirements. I am a punctual person and wouldn't just blow off an email reminder so I checked, I never received one. Also, I feel the biologist is inconsistent. In his first email he said if we report ASAP it would not jeopardize our 19'-20' enrollment. I even stated we need the help - isn't that what a wildlife biologist and this program is supposed to do? Then I checked the link and could not find anything about the penalties for missing the reporting deadlines.

Did anyone else receive this email? Is this standard practice? Am I being unreasonably treated? Who should I contact to appeal? What would you do?

Conducting some due diligence and seeking some mentoring before we respond.

Thank you,

Did you originally meet with the biologist on your ranch?

Comment

What does 19'-20' mean?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        What does 19'-20' mean?
        He placed the ' behind instead of in front. '19-'20 season meaning 2019-2020

Comment

Had a similar situation last year when they changed the system. It wont alert you if you are missing something. I overlooked the habitat management part. I submitted, went on vacation and missed a non descript email that came at 2am telling me of the problem. Through myself on the mercy of the court. Six years of perfect reporting and boom, we are kicked out. They even admitted the system was jacked up.

Told them to pound sand.

Comment

What does 19'-20' mean?
            2019 - 2020 season

Comment

Not sure if you are doing the Harvest Option or Conservation Option but both clearly require reporting by April 1, to participate. Unfortunately, this falls under the "know your regs" kind of thing.

• The MLDP participant must report the number of bucks and does harvested by April 1 of each year. Failure to report harvest numbers by the deadline will result in MLDP tags not being issued for the succeeding season.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/...ailed_deer.pdf

Comment

What does 19'-20' mean?
                I'm thinking 2019-2020 enrollment.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

This is standard practice I was told by our biologist TPW gives no wiggle room for late reporting. Report by midnight March 30th or you will be out of the program for the following season.

Comment

We have been receiving emails for this yr was pretty simple. Just state the number of bucks and does shot. Also had to establish your 3 management practices for the yr. you don’t have to log the dates etc of harvest.

Comment

yes 2019-2020.

Just read over the requirements and saw the April 1 deadline. That's on me. Still its frustrating that there isn't any exception. They could even assess a penalty or late fee.

This is what the biologist said in his original email:

Greetings. In reviewing our Land Management Assistance program records for Kendall County in terms of reporting Harvest and Conservation Option program deer harvest totals I ran across your ranch. It shows you enrolled in 2018-19 for Harvest Option but have not submitted your harvest numbers. This is a requirement for being in this program. The deadline was yesterday – you should have received several emails requesting you to report.

If you would please do this asap it would be appreciated and would also not jeopardize your enrollment for 2019-20.

Let me know if you have questions are this is in error.

Thank you.

Naturally,

Comment

Maybe you could invite lots of guests for the '19-'20 season to shoot what you thing is necessary. You could probably find plenty of help around here. Might even be able to supplement your feed bill a little.

Comment

Originally posted by cmeadors View Post
                          yes 2019-2020.

Just read over the requirements and saw the April 1 deadline. That's on me. Still its frustrating that there isn't any exception. They could even assess a penalty or late fee.

This is what the biologist said in his original email:

Greetings. In reviewing our Land Management Assistance program records for Kendall County in terms of reporting Harvest and Conservation Option program deer harvest totals I ran across your ranch. It shows you enrolled in 2018-19 for Harvest Option but have not submitted your harvest numbers. This is a requirement for being in this program. The deadline was yesterday – you should have received several emails requesting you to report.

If you would please do this asap it would be appreciated and would also not jeopardize your enrollment for 2019-20.

Let me know if you have questions are this is in error.

Thank you.

Naturally,
                          Actually sounds like the guy was being pretty cool and giving you an opportunity to rectify the situation. His asap probably meant immediately however.

Comment

Pretty sure you can reapply for MLDP. You just have to jump through more hoops than you would otherwise.

Comment

Yep, no wiggle room on dates for "regular" operators... Now if you're running a big operation (100,000 acres, multiple ranche, etc.) they have been known to adjust accordingly because without the bigger operations, their regional harvest data gets skewed... Small fry... you're toast and not worth bending the rules for... It ain't fair, but it is what it is...
                              What you put in your response back to him probably sealed the deal for you. You told him you'd do it next time you went to the ranch... I'd bet dollars to donuts if you told him, you'd make a special trip to the ranch, get the log book and give him a report in 1 to 2 days, he'd have held off for you... but he ain't gonna wait WEEKS for you... he's got folks he has to report to as well... Again it may not be fair, but that's the way things work...

Comment

Working...
                              X