First of many getting old Appts [emoji853]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of many getting old Appts [emoji853]

I'm 48 this summer. Seems like the older I get the shorter my arms get.

I'm @ the eye Dr. Last time I saw one was 2006ish I think. They said eyes looked great and I had 20/15 vision...

Dad's been pushing me to get a colonoscopy. I've been procrastinating. But I'm no spring chicken anymore....

Anyways, thanks for letting me share my life with you all.
    I love you all

When the big burly guy named Billy is smiling real big when you come to after being put under Don’t think to much about it he was just doing his job [emoji23][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your eyes are what they are. Use cheaters or whatever, but the colonoscopy is a must @ 50ish. Dying of colon cancer @ any age (but especially a relatively young age) is something that you nor your family need to experience.

Comment

Cataract surgery- a Breeze. Colonoscopy - a Breeze. Colon cancer surgery - a Breeze. Chemo- that crap will kill ya. Colonoscopy is a whooollllleeee lot easier!!!

Comment

Lost my best friend to colon cancer (she was 42) it was horrible to watch her suffer from that. I learned that a lot of lifestyle choices increase the odds such as alcohol consumption and poor diet. I’ve had my colonoscopy and it wasn’t something I would look forward to again but I would NEVER want to deal with the things she had to go through. I would suggest that any person who has any type of family history of cancer to do the screening

Comment

Ask your Dr about Cologuard, the eyes well cheaters/readers ain’t real expensive

Comment

Sorry for the delay

I need reading glasses my distance could use some help as well.

Dr said I had several options
              1) 1.75 readers from a store
              2) Progressive lenses ie no line bifocals
              3) reading only glasses.

So I crunched numbers and thought and analyzed and dissected and ruminated and thought some more.

I decide to get reading glasses. I opted for Transition lenses and Crizal with poly carbonate lenses

Why?
              I work outside and am having a hard time reading a tape measure and tread depth gauge. It gets bright looking at a white semi trailer, standing next to a white pickup and writing on white paper .
              They costs $266. I was ok with my decision.
              Afterwards I stop at the auto parts store looking for some degreaser for work. I was having a hard time reading the back label. A friend let me borrow his reading glasses. I don't know if they're prescription or OTC. If the bottle was held a certain distance away I could read it. If it wasn't I couldn't, I also couldn't focus on anything else.

So now I'm 12th guessing my choice of getting reading glasses.....

I'm not much on wearing glasses, even sunglasses.

So I'm not sure what to do...

Comment

Get real glasses or contacts.

My FIL walks around with 3 or 4 pairs of reading glasses in his shirt pocket. Drives me nuts. I finally talked him into some prescription bifocals. He said he should have done it 10 years ago.

Comment

Wearing readers when you should have prescription glasses is not good

Speaking from experience

Comment

Lets see--optometrist app't this week, colonoscopy next week, and then dermatology in September, Urology, ophthalmologist coming. And I am in good health, and aim to keep it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                      Wearing readers when you should have prescription glasses is not good

Speaking from experience
                      The readers will be prescription from the eye Dr

Comment

PB2, you need to go ahead and have the colonoscopy. Had my first 10 years ago- clean. Had my second last March- found one polyp that biopsy showed was cancerous. My family doctor gave me the results and said I was the poster child for why these are done...he said that if it had gone much longer we would be having a different discussion. Had surgery to have it removed and turns out that it looks like the surgeon got it all and I am good to go. Going tomorrow for a follow-up endoscopy. Oh, and I was a little over 40 when my eyes started to give up on me. Started using readers and have progressed up to the 1.75. Next thing you will realize is your sight pins are going to be fuzzy so go ahead and get a peep verifier installed so you won't have to try to figure out how to shoot with glasses on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          The readers will be prescription from the eye Dr

Good to hear

Eye doc appt is on my short list

Comment

I was finally able to go get them today.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X