Going to Santa Barbara’ California / Hearst castle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one have any restaurant suggestions, I am driving with my sister and her kids from Los Angeles to hearst castle up the coast any recommendations for restaurant or must see or do ?
    Thanks

Stay away from Los Angeles!!! Sorry I can’t help with any restaurants but we just got back from California tonight, 2 days in San Diego, 2 days in Imperial, 4 days in sequoia and Yosemite then drove to Carmel by the sea and headed on Hwy 1 towards big Sur. Not far from big Sur Hwy 1 is closed due to a rock slide from last year so we had to back track and take a different route to LA. I will say that LA is miserable, 45 minutes to drive 7 miles and I was told that’s normal. We wanted to go to Hearst Castle but the drive time was to long getting out of LA so we went to the La Brae tar pits which took 40minutes from our motel to drive 8 miles to the tar pits.

Comment

Go to Cold Spring Tavern on the pass near Lake Cachuma and thank me later

Comment

Yeah Los Angeles is Wall to Wall, covered with homeless people, so we will drive up the coast to give them a break from the squalor of la

Comment

Santa Barbara! Been sometime since I was there, but quite nice. Lets just say you wont have any issues finding GREAT restaurants. It depends on how money you want to spend. Enjoy the time!

Comment

Jocko’s for a good steak. Brads in Pismo for fish and chips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bumping back up...I’ll be heading up there Thursday any other suggestions besides wearing my maga gear..

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                Go to Cold Spring Tavern on the pass near Lake Cachuma and thank me later

I was planning on checking this place out on way to/from wineries..

Comment

Riverbench was a great winery I went to a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X