No announcement yet.

Do Daddy Longlegs bite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all. I put my finger in this big pile and they all ran away. [emoji4]. My video wouldn't load. Stay safe, don't kill stuff that don't you don't need too, or, eat whatcha kill [emoji1420]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this like a I had some daddy long legs on the eve of my mobile home so I beat the **** out of my wife type thing?

Comment

They eat lots of aphids in the garden. That is where they go at night.

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
          Stay safe, don't kill stuff that don't you don't need too, or, eat whatcha kill [emoji1420]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Thank you. If only more people could share this intelligent thought process.

Comment

They don't bite, but when aggravated, they bark very loudly. Hence the term, barking spider!

cricman

Comment

You have to bite them before they bite you! A preemptive strike. Here is the best way to do that. Put about 2 tablespoons of Tabasco sauce in your mouth first, it takes away the bitterness. Then grab a big old handful of them stuff them in your mouth and chew them up. Taste like chicken!

Comment

Therefore, they do not have poison and, by the powers of logic, cannot be poisonous from venom. Some have defensive secretions that might be poisonous to small animals if ingested.

I was right. Don't put them in your mouth...................

Comment

they're harmless unless, like my wife, you get heeby jeebies from several dozen bouncing by the light switch in the shed and hurt yourself trying to get away.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                    They eat lots of aphids in the garden. That is where they go at night.
                    So, to answer the OP question. Yes, they do bite.

Just not people. Good thing no one got their arse whooped!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Now you fellers are gonna make me go read up on them . I woulda swore I watched a documentary on them at one point in my life.
                      Someone started that rumor on the internet within the last 8 years or so, that they had the most toxic venom, but because their jaws or fangs were so small they were not capable of biting a human and there for not able to harm humans. Since that was posted and floated all over the internet for years, there have been multiple posts about that not being true at all, that they have no venom at all. I am not a expert on the subject, I have no clue. All I know, is I have never been bitten by one.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        Someone started that rumor on the internet within the last 8 years or so, that they had the most toxic venom, but because their jaws or fangs were so small they were not capable of biting a human and there for not able to harm humans. Since that was posted and floated all over the internet for years, there have been multiple posts about that not being true at all, that they have no venom at all. I am not a expert on the subject, I have no clue. All I know, is I have never been bitten by one.

Actually, I saw it on PBS. And it was a lot longer than 8 years ago. Maybe 20, or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Actually, I saw it on PBS. And it was a lot longer than 8 years ago. Maybe 20, or more.
                          I seen that show as well about the venom of them.

Comment

Originally posted by diazsjonathan8
                            This certainly beats the camp stool I was using, before! The biggest drawback is its weight. When hunting, I lug a pop-up blind, a back-pack with supplies (field dressing materials, cell phone, and quiet snacks), a heater, this chair, and my gun to my hunting sight (about a 1/4 mile from my car). This more than doubles the weight of my load, but I think it's worth it!
                            What would your post have to do with granddaddy longlegs? Do you keep some in your pack and lug them around? Or did you post in the wrong thread?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

They stink! Usually in a big pile like that they have a very distinct odor. I know they are harmless but that smell is gross. Maybe I am the only one to notice it but I have been around it multiple time and it is specifically unique to the daddy longleg.

Comment

Originally posted by diazsjonathan8
                                This certainly beats the camp stool I was using, before! The biggest drawback is its weight. When hunting, I lug a pop-up blind, a back-pack with supplies (field dressing materials, cell phone, and quiet snacks), a heater, this chair, and my gun to my hunting sight (about a 1/4 mile from my car). This more than doubles the weight of my load, but I think it's worth it!

I believe you meant to post this in the camp stool thread. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X