Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Arrow Build for the Traverse: Thanks Jeff and CCR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Arrow Build for the Traverse: Thanks Jeff and CCR!

After I got my Mathews Traverse, I called Jeff to discuss a new arrow build for my new setup.

For my elk hunt last year, Jeff helped me put together a heavier build to test with my NoCam HTR. We ended up with a 528gr total arrow weight using Goldtip Pierce shafts with 60gr insert weights. Because I wanted to test the setup, I only requested 6 arrows. I wasn’t able to test them on an elk, but I did shoot a deer, a couple of hogs and two Javis. They worked well, but after breaking three and losing another, I was down to two arrows. After some tinkering with my bow tuning, I was shooting them at about 250 fps through the HTR. That was the minimum I could shoot with the Trophy Ridge React sight, maxing out the pin gap. It also limited my effective shooting distance to about 60 yards because of the pin gaps.

I want to be shooting 275-280 with the new setup. Jeff suggested the Easton Injexion 280 shafts. He and Chris made some calculations and came up with a new build that totaled around 503-509 gr., including 125 tips and 6.33mm Firenock outserts (i had some fletched with 3 Blazers and some with 4 for testing purposes, which is why there is a variance.) Jeff tested them with a Traverse at the shop and shot 275 fps @ 71.2 lbs.

I’m going to tune them with my Traverse this week and I’ll update the results here. Of course, I also plan to post a video or two on my YouTube channel, as well.

Thanks Jeff and Cinnamon Creek Ranch for helping me with the new setup! And, of course for the patience with me and my questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos
Working...
X