Corn Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn Bank

Has anyone used or heard of this product? it seems like it would be a good investment to help reduce the amount of corn wasted due to coons.

Here is a website to how it works:

Youtube link how to install corn bank:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
    Last edited by megger89; 03-29-2019, 01:18 AM.

Awesome concept. Sure seems like it could easily get jammed open by corn though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Concept is a good idea, but i would be curious how it actually performs.

I know i bought one of those spinner shield gadgets that was supposed to spin up against the down spout when the spinner stopped throwing and it would open when it spun. Didnt work worth a dang.

If you caught it, in his talk he said a 12 volt battery. 6 volt doesnt have enough juice to operate everything.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the looks of it.

If it did jam I bet after the few kernels were cleared by the coons it would fully close.

Comment

Slinkys are better

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Slinkys are better
            Totally agree!!!

Comment

Looks like something that could cause issues with feeding regularly. Stuck closed, Battery drain, Jam caused by sticks,dirty corn mixture, etc...
              I have enough problems with just spinner motor, timer, battery, solar panel . . .
              I believe the more you have in the mix, the more issues you will encounter. Plus I have 9 feeders running, so $ is a big issue. I think getting rid of the coons is a cheaper method.

Comment

I lost 700# of corn to coons @ one feeder in 3 weeks. I may have to try one of these. In the meanwhile, I'm working on a MUCH heavier duty cage.

Comment

When I try to post youtube videos It posts multiple times like the OPs did as well. Does anyone know why?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2461.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	24578845

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                      [ATTACH]954917[/ATTACH]

Amen these are awesome. Picked up a 1k-lb last year and have been super impressed.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                      X