No announcement yet.

Who else still needs to do their taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have noticed over the years that the people who I have worked with that always file ASAP are the ones who file single head of household with several kids. They get huge checks back and did not pay much in. They never complain about paying someone to do their taxes. They just want the free money/hand out.

Comment

Took mine in this week to be done. Going to owe big time just putting off the result.

Comment

Turned in everything to my tax guy a week or so ago. He’ll call me when I need to sign something.

Comment

Mine went off yesterday...BOOM!!! also heard this morning on TV 40% have not filed yet....

(What a relief for me yesterday)

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
            I have noticed over the years that the people who I have worked with that always file ASAP are the ones who file single head of household with several kids. They get huge checks back and did not pay much in. They never complain about paying someone to do their taxes. They just want the free money/hand out.
            I file married 0 and I have a kid. Filed first week of January. Got a solid refund. I pay a ton of taxes every year.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
              So, you’re saying they make money on doing their taxes? Money they didn’t earn or pay in, but are being paid for their tax bracket?

Comment

I'm in the same boat almost as trophy. I file married 0 also. Have 3 kids and a wife w a small business. Got back a solid amount also. Seems every yr I buy a new car it helps. I pay more than some people make into taxes though. It sucks throughout the yr paying so much in, but I get it back at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  I file married 0 and I have a kid. Filed first week of January. Got a solid refund. I pay a ton of taxes every year.
                  You pay 2000# in taxes?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    You pay 2000# in taxes?
                    In quarters yes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      So, you’re saying they make money on doing their taxes? Money they didn’t earn or pay in, but are being paid for their tax bracket?
                      It is call Earned Income Credit. Me and my wife have both worked with couples who both had kids from previous marriages but did not marry because it would disqualify them from the benefits (EITC).

The IRS has set these maximum table limits you can get for tax year 2018:

$6,431 with three or more qualifying children
                      $5,716 with two qualifying children
                      $3,461 with one qualifying child
                      $519 with no qualifying children

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        I paid $450.00 for someone to do my taxes and all they did was take the standard deduction. Seems like highway robbery but maybe I’m missing something.

Still have to sign the forms and send back so they can be filed so I haven’t done them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I'm having to use Price Cooper Waterhouse to do mine this year because of working in the middle east and my company pays for it. I got it back a couple of days ago and I could tell it was wrong, they didn't use all my deductions and just went with the standard deduction and looks to have shorted me 1400.

Comment

Turbotax is so easy

Comment

CPA just called and mine is ready. Can't ever start on mine till March when the K1's come in.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                              I'm having to use Price Cooper Waterhouse to do mine this year because of working in the middle east and my company pays for it. I got it back a couple of days ago and I could tell it was wrong, they didn't use all my deductions and just went with the standard deduction and looks to have shorted me 1400.

A lot of those deductions you were probably used to went away this year... the larger standard deduction was “supposed” to simplify and make up for those.

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
                                A lot of those deductions you were probably used to went away this year... the larger standard deduction was “supposed” to simplify and make up for those.

TurboTax for me and the standard deduction ($26k) was most beneficial for me, and now no more record keeping for all those charitable deductions, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X